P5Q Pro Advanced MOBO settings Advice appriciated.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Here are the typical settings iv'e already learned and understand just so you get on the same page as to where I have questions so we can get right into the problem zone.

SYSTEM: P5Q Pro, with E8400 E0, G.skill DDR2 1000.

SETTINGS: That I understand so far.

Core Speed - 3599.9-3600.0Mhz
Multiplier - X9
FSB - 400
DRAM - 801 (DDR2 1000 G.skills)
DRAM Frequency - 400.0 Mhz, FSB 1:1 with 5-5-5-15-52-2T. (2.0)volts
CPU Core Voltage - 1.216v-1.224v Idle It seems to move slightly on it's own free will, 1.232v When Primes running and doesnt get any higher. Is this normal?

DRAM static read timing - Disabled
Dram Read training - Disabled
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******Ok, now here's where I could use some help.**********

Commands on Auto by Default and are the ones I'm seeking advice for if I should Change them any.

NB voltage - Auto
SB voltage - Auto
CPU PLL Voltage - Auto
PCIE Sata Voltage - Auto
FSB strap to northbridge - Auto
CPU Clock Skew - Auto
NB clock Skew - Auto
CPU margin Enhancement - Optimized - (Is there any reason to change it to Performance mode?)
A.I. Transaction Booster - Auto
Mem. O.C. Charger - Auto
Intel Virtualization tech - is Enabled
A.I. Clock twister - Auto (But has settings of Lighter, light, moderate, strong, stronger)

After one hour Prime small FFTS - Max 54c. Core Temperatures. Passed Test, no errors. BSODS, nothing at all seems to be wrong. I'll do a longer test later tonight.

I use Gigabyte motherboards and I leave all the G'byte equivalents of your "Commands on Auto by Default" list on Auto. I have googled them and tinkered with them and they just do not seem to make much difference.

If your memory will let you, it looks like you can push a little higher. Intel's recommended max core temp is 74 C and recommended max core voltage is 1.3625 volts. I set the thermal alarm in PC Health (G'byte) to 70 C.

TRENDING THREADS