Saving desktop icon positions.

Every time I log on to my second (XP Pro) computer from a remote computer, I
change all the positions of the icons. Grid is locked. Under saved desktop
icons I chose custom and named the file. Where is this file?? How do I keep
the icons locked up? Restore desktop icons is only default setting. How do I
restore Custom or default settings? Thanks for any help. regards Rick
3 answers Last reply
More about saving desktop icon positions

    "analog414" <analog414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I log on to my second (XP Pro) computer from a remote computer,
    > change all the positions of the icons. Grid is locked. Under saved desktop
    > icons I chose custom and named the file. Where is this file?? How do I
    > keep
    > the icons locked up? Restore desktop icons is only default setting. How do
    > restore Custom or default settings? Thanks for any help. regards Rick

    Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
    Line 188 right side
    Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu
  2. Quote:
    "Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
    Line 188 right side
    Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu"

    What layout menu? I installed this reg file successfully (I'm using windows XP home) But I don't see the options anywhere to save and restore. :pt1cable:
  3. Akrid said:
    Quote:
    "Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
    Line 188 right side
    Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu"

    What layout menu? I installed this reg file successfully (I'm using windows XP home) But I don't see the options anywhere to save and restore. :pt1cable:

    For an explanation of how to install and use this Desktop Icon save utitlity, take a look at Restore Desktop Icon Positions After Windows Rearranges Layout

Icons Desktops Computers Windows XP