Saving desktop icon positions.

September 18, 2005 9:28:03 PM

Every time I log on to my second (XP Pro) computer from a remote computer, I
change all the positions of the icons. Grid is locked. Under saved desktop
icons I chose custom and named the file. Where is this file?? How do I keep
the icons locked up? Restore desktop icons is only default setting. How do I
restore Custom or default settings? Thanks for any help. regards Rick
September 19, 2005 3:01:07 AM

"analog414" <analog414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I log on to my second (XP Pro) computer from a remote computer,
> change all the positions of the icons. Grid is locked. Under saved desktop
> icons I chose custom and named the file. Where is this file?? How do I
> keep
> the icons locked up? Restore desktop icons is only default setting. How do
> restore Custom or default settings? Thanks for any help. regards Rick

Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
Line 188 right side
Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu
August 24, 2008 5:11:15 PM

Quote:
"Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
Line 188 right side
Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu"

What layout menu? I installed this reg file successfully (I'm using windows XP home) But I don't see the options anywhere to save and restore. :pt1cable:
Anonymous
December 2, 2008 9:13:15 PM

Akrid said:
Quote:
"Try this for saving and restoring position of icons:
Line 188 right side
Add Save and Restore Desktop Layout to Menu"

What layout menu? I installed this reg file successfully (I'm using windows XP home) But I don't see the options anywhere to save and restore. :pt1cable:

For an explanation of how to install and use this Desktop Icon save utitlity, take a look at Restore Desktop Icon Positions After Windows Rearranges Layout
!