Can someone match a case, psu to my setup?

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core it 920 Nehalem LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

The case I currently have (Thermaltake VA 8003) has been about the best case I've ever had. But anyways, I'm looking for a full size case that will offer plenty of room for the above. I have yet to pick my video cards but will certainly be sli. No water cooling on this setup. I'm always looking for value but....quality before savings. I don't mind spending the money as long as it's great quality.

Thanks in advance.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Depends what your looking for and price...

without knowing what GPU setup your using its rather difficult to recommend a psu as well...

Antec1200 is a nice full size at a decent price
Any full tower from Lian Li will impress, but will cost you...

Any PSU with enough wattage from Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C, Antec would be the way to go.

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

For the PSU, get one that is SLI or Crossfire certified with enough connectors for the cards you are getting. The brands chookman mentioned are good. I would add Silverstone in there as well.

For the case, look at Antec, Coolermaster, Lian Li, Silverstone and Thermaltake.

I've got the CoolerMaster HAF 932. It's actually larger than a typical full tower case. Ventilation, airflow, cooling capacity, and cable management are excellent. There is a lot of flexibility built in.

The ATCS is another large case. The exterior has a cleaner look than the HAF 932. The interior of the case is very similar to the 932. The major difference is that the ATCS 840 has two 230mm fans mounted in the top panel whereas the 932 has one mounted in the top panel and one mounted in the left side panel. In addition, the ATCS also has a removeable motherboard tray.

The big problem might be the price.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
that corsair suggested would be more than enough, no reason why you cant get a 1000w but you would be using money you could use elsewhere.

The Corsair 1000w is modular and one of the best out there if thats your kettle of fish, it will run TRI-SLI or Quad without any problems and about a thousand hard drives and fans haha