Hi there.
Here's my config:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev 1.0)
2x1 GB DDR2 Kingston 667mhz
Sapphire X1800GTO
Creative Audigy Value
Cooler Master Real Power 450W.

Now the problem: Ever since I moved on to this motherboard and processor I have noticed that whenever I am typing something on the keyboard while a song(or a video) is playing in the background,the audio starts skipping and crackling. And it's the same issue with games.As long I am stationary,every sound works fine but the moment I move using the keyboard,the sound starts crackling and popping. Also,I have noticed that while typing the HD activity led blinks for no reason.
I deduced that my sound card must have been faulty,so I borrowed an asus xonar dx from my friend. But the same issues prevailed. Removed it and went with the onboard sound but it turned out as buggy as the previous ones.
I am using all the latest driver and bios updates.

Can anyone help me with this issue. What could be wrong? Is the motherboard bad? Someone suggested that my PSU was failing? Can it be so?

nightwing892001

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009

Just the essentials. Ati CCC,Realtek HD audio manager,Nod32.

bilbat

Splendid
Well, my general thought was 'something broke it...' It's always possible to have a component failure, but, the odds favor infant mortality - if it works for a month or two, it'll likely work 'till long after it's replaced for obsolescence; have you installed any new software, or drivers recently?