In this lab, you have been assigned the network address 192.168.9.0/24 to subnet and provide the IP addressing for the networks as shown below.
The network has the following addressing requirements:
· The LAN 1 will require 10 host IP addresses.
· The LAN 2 will require 10 host IP addresses.
· The LAN 3 will require 10 host IP addresses.
· The LAN 4 will require 10 host IP addresses.
· The HQ LAN will require 14 host IP addresses.
· The link from HQ to LAN1 will require an IP address for each end of the link.
· The link from HQ to LAN2 will require an IP address for each end of the link.
Task 1: Examine the Network Requirements. Examine the network requirements and answer the questions below. Keep in mind that IP addresses will be needed for each of the LAN interfaces.
How many subnets are needed? __________
What is the maximum number of IP addresses that are needed for a single subnet? __________
How many IP addresses are needed for each of the branch LANs? ____________
What is the total number of IP addresses that are needed? ____________
Task 2: Design an IP Addressing Scheme. Step 1: Subnet the 192.168.9.0 network into the appropriate number of subnets.
What will the subnet mask be for the subnetworks? __________________________
How many usable host IP addresses are there per subnet? __________
Fill in the following chart with the subnet information.
Subnet Number Subnet Address First Usable Host Address Last Usable Host Address Broadcast Address