Will this cpu cooler fit in my computer

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
+1 for the Mini Ninja, it's in my HTPC and is cool and quiet. I have the full-sized Ninja in my P4 desktop and it's just as recommendable (except it most likely will not fit).

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

...greater than (or "at least"). I'm fairly certain this is what he means.

easymac79

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I have found that there are three main types of connections. There is one that you need a flathead screwdriver or similar device to push in while you pull it away from the bracket it usually runs in the middle of the heatsink. There is another that uses a push button that is very easily to swap out in like 30 seconds with no tools. it usually has two on the outside. They also have a model that uses the tools but is two on the outside which is the same size and everything. there is a third, which is what you are looking at. It looks like there are 4 screws to mount it in place. I do not trust these because unless it is mounting to the case, then it is mounting to a flimsy motherboard, and will crack the board. I recommend going to microcenter with your computer and asking them. I bought a cpu fan there for like 15 bucks and it works great and is quiet. For the most part, so long as the connectors are the same, it is pretty much a universal thing. You might measure it as well, and check to see if it is the same. If not, then i suspect that they have some sort of return policy, or you could contact newegg and see if they know anything on the issue. I am posting links to microcenter products of each type:
[url=http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0253192]middle bracket[/url]
side bracket
four corners

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
easymac, the links you provided to MicroCenter are heatsinks for 370, 478 and LGA 775 mounting systems. The OP has an LGA 775 processor. The question is weather or not the cooler would physically fit in the box, not a question of compatability.

easymac79

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
ok well, then just measure the space in your box, and see what the deminsions are for the heatsink. and wala if it fits horray! sorry my first reply wasnt too helpful

easymac79

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
oh, and by the way, hp products are known for problems with the fan. I have had 3 laptops with them, and they all went phsyco, and it sounds like a chainsaw when i turn them on. Tip: dont buy hp! oh! and their flash drives! omfg! one week, dead, got exchanged... dead within a week
hp sucks