[TS2] Register article on Sims 2 hacks

"Sims 2 hacks spread like viruses":

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/

Thought you might be interested that this had made the mainstream press.
Well, IT press, anyway.

CK
6 answers Last reply
More about register article sims hacks

    CK wrote:
    > "Sims 2 hacks spread like viruses":
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/
    >
    > Thought you might be interested that this had made the mainstream
    > press. Well, IT press, anyway.
    >
    > CK

    Yikes, I just posted the same thing. Yes, the hack thing is a problem for
    Maxis even if they hadn't planned on it happening.

    --
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply

    "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > CK wrote:
    > > "Sims 2 hacks spread like viruses":

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/

    > > Thought you might be interested that this had made the mainstream
    > > press. Well, IT press, anyway.
    > >
    > > CK
    >
    > Yikes, I just posted the same thing. Yes, the hack thing is a problem for
    > Maxis even if they hadn't planned on it happening.
    >
    > --
    > Michelle
    > (SeaShel)
    >
    > free the fish to reply

    I've had Candace since the first week or so I played.

    Maxis' own fault for making the new objects easier to hack than
    recolor. Including all the custom objects in the packed house file was
    another not so bright idea, if you ask me.

    Rose/Miros

    Candace is one thing I didn't pick up. I had three copies of the abduction
    hack and I don't know what else, but no Candace.

    MM

    "ssjkm" <nanajn@home.com> wrote in message

    > "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    > > CK wrote:
    > > > "Sims 2 hacks spread like viruses":
    > > >

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/
    > > >
    > > > Thought you might be interested that this had made the mainstream
    > > > press. Well, IT press, anyway.
    > > >
    > > > CK
    > >
    > > Yikes, I just posted the same thing. Yes, the hack thing is a problem
    for
    > > Maxis even if they hadn't planned on it happening.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michelle
    > > (SeaShel)
    > >
    > > free the fish to reply
    >
    > I've had Candace since the first week or so I played.

    This even got into the "New Scientist" online and probably into their next
    print edition.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6857

    Reminds me of the old adage "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

    Skeatsan''co

    "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
    > Candace is one thing I didn't pick up. I had three copies of the abduction
    > hack and I don't know what else, but no Candace.
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "ssjkm" <nanajn@home.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >> > >

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/

    >> > Yikes, I just posted the same thing. Yes, the hack thing is a problem
    > for
    >> > Maxis even if they hadn't planned on it happening.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Michelle
    >> > (SeaShel)
    >> >
    >> > free the fish to reply
    >>
    >> I've had Candace since the first week or so I played.

    BTW The New Scientist article has a quick link to the Hack Scanner and
    lister on the right of the page.

    Skeatsan''co

    "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message
    > This even got into the "New Scientist" online and probably into their next
    > print edition.
    > http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6857
    >
    > Reminds me of the old adage "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    >
    > Skeatsan''co
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> Candace is one thing I didn't pick up. I had three copies of the
    >> abduction
    >> hack and I don't know what else, but no Candace.
    >>
    >> MM
    >>

    >> "ssjkm" <nanajn@home.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
    >>> > >

    >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/06/sims_2_hacks_spread_like_viruses/

    >> for

    >>> I've had Candace since the first week or so I played.

Sims Games Video Games