C drive is called F

When I installed my hard drive it somehow got named F instead of the

traditional C. Now I get all kinds of funny (not funny at all) things

happening. When I try to install certain applications an error message

"Invalid X:" comes up. Is there a way to change the drive letter to C?

Thanks,
McClint

When did you install youre hd,you probably had a device installed that
should'nt
have been connected during the installation.The only way to change F: back to
C: is to reinstall xp.

"McClint" wrote:

> When I installed my hard drive it somehow got named F instead of the
>
> traditional C. Now I get all kinds of funny (not funny at all) things
>
> happening. When I try to install certain applications an error message
>
> "Invalid X:" comes up. Is there a way to change the drive letter to C?
>
> Thanks,
> McClint

Hi,

No, you'd have to start from scratch, this time first detaching whatever
device got the C designation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/