AM3 water cooling HELP

ldefterryd11

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
OK, so i have a few thoughts here....... i have a decent rig... currently with a 9500a led cooler. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223&Tpk=9500a led\
MY setup is as follows:
Phenom II x4 955 BE
Sapphire 5850
Gskill ripjaw ddr3 4 gig (2x2)
650 watt antec earthwatts
modded ANtec 900 (just painted insides black)
ASUS M4A77TD mobo

I wanted to water cool.... and im gonna do some good ocing in the cpu.... and the gpu.......
i was thinking of doing this
http://www.svc.com/03-l-1349.html

I realize that i need a am3 compatible waterblock with this....... any suggestions for a good block??

Also... if u have suggestions for any other water cooling setups, i am still considering any thing.....
Im shooting for a budget of about 200- 250$$$$

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
im pretty sure that when Conumdrum logs on he will have alot of advice for you regarding this. IMO i would not trust a 100 dollar watercooling kit just a good cpu block run half that price so you are probably looking at a sub par set if there that is going to last a few months at best and turn your rig into a big sad mess. also wc does take up a decent amount of room so you might be pressed for space in a mid tower not saying it cant be done but it will be tight at best. i would read Conumdum's WCing guide and that will help you alot. hope i did not crush your dreams but good luck.

ldefterryd11

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
i do have quite alot of room in my case left i don't feel i will have to much of an issue with that........ and the man in customer service said this was to stop being carried..... hence the lower price (down from 386$$ or so) also asestek hasnt made these in a while regarding the price issue also ( i found this out while asking if he had hear of any succesful attempts with this on an am3 mobo) Thanks for your help BTW

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
well if you are fine with it there is a topic asking best waterblocks in this section i would check it out and find which is the best am3 block so you can get it but keep in mind you get what you pay for most of the time so i hope it works out good for you and dont leak in a few months

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Cooling a CPU AND GPU brings the cost to usually over $400 for a real watercooled setup. Some scrimping can be done.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Water-Cooling-Full-Kits-c-58.html

This kit is good stuff. The radiator is big enough for your CPU, but not big enough for the GPU too. So you'd need another 120x2 rad, and about $100 more for the GPU cooling. That pump in the kit is okay for a CPU/GPU loop, but not enough to cool the Mobo, too much restriction.

Lots don't cool the NB/SB/mosfets unless they have lots of money or just have to do it. Usually experianced watercoolers.

Ohh yea, that kit you linked to? Yep, absolute crap.

ldefterryd11

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
LOL i thanks ..... i figured cuase it was 400 duckets b4 it must have been ok...... ill took a look at the kit and shows a gpu hoocked up to the loop..... but i should def get a nother 2 x120 rad?.............. will it still run ok withg two rads hooked up?
im am very new with water cooling.................... what about the coolit eco alc................. or the hydro h50....... then for gpu maybe an coolit omni alc?????? thanks in advance

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

Hard to read your stuff. Can we go back to normal wordsmithing? I'm 51 and learned old school typing.

You have too much of a heatload to use any of the other options if you cool more than the CPU.

Coolit is Junk.

H50 is the same as air cooling, and JUST for the CPU. Nice, but we don't consider it watercooling in the watercooling world.

It's all about physics, really. You need xxx rad, xx pump power, xx blocks to remove the heat. Knowing whats right and wrong too me THREE MONTHS.

Thankfully because I took my time I kew Koolance or Thermaltake or any other kits were junk.

Cya in a few weeks after you join the recommended forums in the sticky up top and spend 20-30 hours reading posts in each of them. Then start to decipher the techincal info you will find.
Don't watercool, buy one single part till you have a clue.