Status
Not open for further replies.

lustaph

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Hello,
some one set a pass word on my pc and when i asked he sais he has forgoten but i asked him how he went about the process and he said when the pc was booting he pressed f2 and went so system security and then set up the pass word after which he enabled it. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The Rules of this forum prevent posters from advising on password issues in case we inadvertently help someone hack into another person's system.

The password set on your machine is in the BIOS and if he can't remember it, the machine is effectively dead.

lustaph

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
heloo!! i have been able to reduce the pressure i gave him so he has remembered the pass word but i still have a problem. when i on the PC, it ask me to type the pass word but when i type, nothen is been displayed on the monitor but when i press the enter key it says wrong pass word, type pass word again, and when i try for more than 4 times it says system halted must power down.
i also want you to teach me how to get into the BIOS of my PC.

When you said "i have been able to reduce the pressure i gave him so he has remembered the pass word"
ummm... what exactly is "the pressure" ?? Are you beating him to a bloody pulp, or maybe just a bit senseless?

The password is in the BIOS. The BIOS is preventing you from running an operating system on the machine. The password is also needed to get into the BIOS. You are locked out, or your keyboard is malfunctioning.

@alt-experts. Yes, one thing is left out, but you see why.

lustaph

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
i dont understand what you said by @alt- experts, can you please brake it down a little bit, when i type is does not show on the screen.
when i on the PC, a black screen comes and after which am asked to type pass word but when i type any thing is does not work, but immediately i press the enter key is say wrong password with some sings like this ** **.

The thing that is left out is the solution to your problem.
It is against the
Rules of conduct to help in cracking a password here.

Your problem requires the cracking of a password. Nobody here will help you do that, unless they desire to be banned. The post would be deleted very quickly anyway.

You can read the Rules of Conduct for yourself by clicking
HERE.

Pay close attention to the items under the paragraph heading "Dont"

You need to take that computer to a reputable computer repair shop and have the password removed in person.

Edit: @Alt-Experts is a heads-up to anyone else that reads this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.