After a reinstall, I'm getting a log in screen with my name on it after I
put the system on standby and hit a key later on to go back on the desktop.
It's not asking me for a password which I set up for, but I'm getting the
screen with my name and logo that I have to select to get through and back
on the desktop.
I know there's a way to avoid this extra screen coming up but I can't
remember what I did in settings to get rid of it before.
Before the reinstall I could simply go into standby then hit the power
switch to go back onto the desktop.
Can anyone remind me what it was in settings that I had to change to get rid
of that welcome screen please?
Many thanks.
:)

Right click on the desktop >PROPERTIES>SCREENSAVER make sure the box that
says "On resume display welcome screen" is NOT checked

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> After a reinstall, I'm getting a log in screen with my name on it after I
> put the system on standby and hit a key later on to go back on the
> desktop. It's not asking me for a password which I set up for, but I'm
> getting the screen with my name and logo that I have to select to get
> through and back on the desktop.
> I know there's a way to avoid this extra screen coming up but I can't
> remember what I did in settings to get rid of it before.
> Before the reinstall I could simply go into standby then hit the power
> switch to go back onto the desktop.
> Can anyone remind me what it was in settings that I had to change to get
> rid of that welcome screen please?
> Many thanks.
> :)

Thank you for the reply. Here's what's happening on the window you have
suggested I check into.

On the screen saver dialog, none is selected, and "on resume password
protect is faded out and unchecked. The password isn't the problem though.
It's not asking me for a password as I've set up to operate without a
password. It's the welcome screen itself appearing making me select my icon
to get back to the desktop that I want to bypass. There was a setting change
somewhere that allowed to bypass this welcome screen before I reinstalled,
but I can't remember what it was or where it was :)
Dudley
"Pentium" <pent@anycomp.info> wrote in message
> Right click on the desktop >PROPERTIES>SCREENSAVER make sure the box that
> says "On resume display welcome screen" is NOT checked
>

> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> After a reinstall, I'm getting a log in screen with my name on it after I
>> put the system on standby and hit a key later on to go back on the
>> desktop. It's not asking me for a password which I set up for, but I'm
>> getting the screen with my name and logo that I have to select to get
>> through and back on the desktop.
>> I know there's a way to avoid this extra screen coming up but I can't
>> remember what I did in settings to get rid of it before.
>> Before the reinstall I could simply go into standby then hit the power
>> switch to go back onto the desktop.
>> Can anyone remind me what it was in settings that I had to change to get
>> rid of that welcome screen please?
>> Many thanks.
>> :)

I think I found it. Control panel/change user accounts/ uncheck welcome
screen/
If this works, I'll post back later and advise.
Thank you very much for taking the time to post with me.