Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Jumpy video playback

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
September 10, 2011 2:20:47 AM

not even sure this goes here but....

i recently reinstalled win7 on my computer and got all the drivers up to date, however, now for some reason when i play youtube vids, i hear this sound similar to a scratched CD being played. the music gets distorted or stretched for a second or sometimes upto 5 seconds, or there will be random noises in the video.

I also just installed a new Audio manager even though the drivers were up to date, because i thought it would fix the problem of the messed up vids

also for some reason, my internet stops working because somehow the device becomes disabled, it isn't a problem now but i was wondering why that happened.

System specs:

Win 7 pro
Gigabyte mobo, GA-880GA-UD3H basically an AM3+ mobo, with DDR3 and realtek audio and LAN components
AMD phenom 965 BE @ normal clocks

More about : jumpy video playback

a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 4:36:52 AM

Did this problem happen before, I mean before re-installing Win7 ?
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:30:28 AM

I suspect it has something to do with flash video hardware acceleration. Right click on the video and select settings and un-tick hardware acceleration. Restart web browser and try again.

@Upendra09 Attache badge is rare, how did you get one?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:40:25 AM

I'm keen on knowing how he got it too. :) 
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:42:54 AM

Desperately want one because it is rare (for now, before everyone figures out how to get them) and don't require extensive effort. Really good to add to your badge collection.
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:48:26 AM

Might as well send a PM to the mods as well. :) 
September 10, 2011 8:16:31 PM

well the original story is, i bought and setup this computer back in february, and tried installing win7 but, it didn't work until my 5th time, and it finally installed but i found out i had a second instance of partially installed win 7 on my HDD, so last week i decided to backup my data and totally format everything, which worked but i stilll have this jumpy video playback.

and yes this jumpy playback happened before the reinstall but it wasn't this bad, it was very quick and hard to catch.

i got the attache badge when i answered the calls thing to a test by the mods about a year ago, i haven't been here very often since then so i don't know how to work it now

i just read the articles now and occasionally post a question here
September 10, 2011 9:59:46 PM

i tried disabling the hardware acceleration and restarting the browser but the problem is still there.

Best solution

September 14, 2011 7:35:44 AM

hmmm...how about a bios update? I had an older am2(+)? That spikes up CPU usage for some unknown reason it was very noticeable when transferring files via USB port. Even driver updates didn't fix it. It turns out it was a known issue and a BIOS update fixed it.
September 15, 2011 1:46:46 AM

i have done that too, several actually, i have installed several new versions of every main driver

update: i got sick of all this jumpy playback and long load times so i attempted a system restore to last week when i first installed Win7 and got pissed of about how long it took to restore so i purposefully turned off the computer knowing the risk of total loss of control over the thing and i am attempting a reinstall again now, but i gets stuck after it says windows is loading files, the blue welcome screen comes up for initial installation but the i just see the cursor and blue background with the flowers or something and that's it, nothing to start an installation or anything, not happy abt Win 7 right now.
September 17, 2011 6:57:02 PM

I myself have built a Win 7 64-bit machine with that board before and did not have an issue.
September 17, 2011 7:15:58 PM

well i got successfully reinstalled and the problem is fixed so... i think the problem was i enabled LCD overdrive in Catalyst control center which might have affected the video playback
September 19, 2011 12:41:46 AM

however, if i wake the computer from sleep mode, occasionally it doesn't connect to the internet and then hangs up

plus i looked at the network map and for some reason it is showing a "switch" between the desktop and the router, however, the computer is connected directly to the router....
September 25, 2011 11:59:07 PM

Best answer selected by Upendra09.
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2012 3:48:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!