Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Jumpy video playback

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
September 10, 2011 2:20:47 AM

not even sure this goes here but....

i recently reinstalled win7 on my computer and got all the drivers up to date, however, now for some reason when i play youtube vids, i hear this sound similar to a scratched CD being played. the music gets distorted or stretched for a second or sometimes upto 5 seconds, or there will be random noises in the video.

I also just installed a new Audio manager even though the drivers were up to date, because i thought it would fix the problem of the messed up vids

also for some reason, my internet stops working because somehow the device becomes disabled, it isn't a problem now but i was wondering why that happened.

System specs:

Win 7 pro
Gigabyte mobo, GA-880GA-UD3H basically an AM3+ mobo, with DDR3 and realtek audio and LAN components
AMD phenom 965 BE @ normal clocks

More about : jumpy video playback

a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 4:36:52 AM

Did this problem happen before, I mean before re-installing Win7 ?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:30:28 AM

I suspect it has something to do with flash video hardware acceleration. Right click on the video and select settings and un-tick hardware acceleration. Restart web browser and try again.

@Upendra09 Attache badge is rare, how did you get one?
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:40:25 AM

I'm keen on knowing how he got it too. :) 
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:42:54 AM

Desperately want one because it is rare (for now, before everyone figures out how to get them) and don't require extensive effort. Really good to add to your badge collection.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2011 6:48:26 AM

Might as well send a PM to the mods as well. :) 
Score
September 10, 2011 8:16:31 PM

well the original story is, i bought and setup this computer back in february, and tried installing win7 but, it didn't work until my 5th time, and it finally installed but i found out i had a second instance of partially installed win 7 on my HDD, so last week i decided to backup my data and totally format everything, which worked but i stilll have this jumpy video playback.

and yes this jumpy playback happened before the reinstall but it wasn't this bad, it was very quick and hard to catch.

i got the attache badge when i answered the calls thing to a test by the mods about a year ago, i haven't been here very often since then so i don't know how to work it now

i just read the articles now and occasionally post a question here
Score
September 10, 2011 9:59:46 PM

i tried disabling the hardware acceleration and restarting the browser but the problem is still there.
Score

Best solution

September 14, 2011 7:35:44 AM

hmmm...how about a bios update? I had an older am2(+)? That spikes up CPU usage for some unknown reason it was very noticeable when transferring files via USB port. Even driver updates didn't fix it. It turns out it was a known issue and a BIOS update fixed it.
September 15, 2011 1:46:46 AM

i have done that too, several actually, i have installed several new versions of every main driver

update: i got sick of all this jumpy playback and long load times so i attempted a system restore to last week when i first installed Win7 and got pissed of about how long it took to restore so i purposefully turned off the computer knowing the risk of total loss of control over the thing and i am attempting a reinstall again now, but i gets stuck after it says windows is loading files, the blue welcome screen comes up for initial installation but the i just see the cursor and blue background with the flowers or something and that's it, nothing to start an installation or anything, not happy abt Win 7 right now.
Score
September 17, 2011 6:57:02 PM

I myself have built a Win 7 64-bit machine with that board before and did not have an issue.
Score
September 17, 2011 7:15:58 PM

well i got successfully reinstalled and the problem is fixed so... i think the problem was i enabled LCD overdrive in Catalyst control center which might have affected the video playback
Score
September 19, 2011 12:41:46 AM

however, if i wake the computer from sleep mode, occasionally it doesn't connect to the internet and then hangs up

plus i looked at the network map and for some reason it is showing a "switch" between the desktop and the router, however, the computer is connected directly to the router....
Score
September 25, 2011 11:59:07 PM

Best answer selected by Upendra09.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2012 3:48:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!