Thermaltake W0132RB

jonessie

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Hello,

I have a problem with my PSU... well to the point that it's making a ticking noise now and then and although its annoying as hell, it's also a little worrying because the equipment I have in my rig is expensive and I can ill aford to have a PSU causing problems with the rest of the system. I've already replaced the MB because it started malfunctioning for some reason.

Tests carried out.

1. Dissabled the HDD (still ticking noise)
2. Removed the GFX card (still a ticking noise)
3. Dissabled the DVD ROM (still ticking noise)

All that is running is the PSU RAM and Heatsink and Processor still ticking noise, I'm 99.9% certain it's the PSU ticking, I have an LED light and looked at the fan and there is no wobbling of the fan that I can see and I even put a stob on the fan to see any defacts and it's straight and a fan can be.

Should I return this PSU to the suppliers speak to Thermaltake direct.

Thanks

jonessie

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I have just spotted something which I will try tomorrow.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THIS IS FOR TESTING PURPOSE ONLY
I'm looking at the booklet for the PSU and its states you can test PSU by taking the 20+4 cable and with a paperclip bend it out so you can insert one end into the green wire and then other into the black wire and then turn on the PSU, if the fan comes on then then you know the PSU is working.... I've actually done this before and could not remember the order to put the paper clip in. Therefore if there is a ticking noise then I know for sure it's the PSU causing the ticking noise.