AGP based Motherboard w/ cpu where ?

lechonera

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
I want to purchase (I think) a good quality motherboard cpu combo that supports AGP video(I just bought a nice Saphire AGP video card ) . I want it to have a fast cpu , do not know what socket tipe board I should look at , now I have a 478 socket pentium gigabyte . I just do not what is available and where to purchase .
thanks for any help,
Roberto.

LOL i think you going to have to go with old CPUs like Pentiums or old athlons if your looking for a mobo that has an AGP slot. newegg doesn't have any. Tigerdirect has basically a no name brand mobo that supports AMD Athlon XP or old semprons

face it old technology is hard to find and at good quality

PCChips M848A (v5.0) Motherboard - SiS 746 FX, Socket A (462), ATX, Audio, AGP 8x, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2487805&CatId=1350

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
you will not be able to find any modern mbs that support AGP. That technology was phased out years ago, and to buy an AGP mb now would be a complete waste of money. If you can return that AGP card you bought, i would suggest doing so, and look into more modern hardware.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
uhhh why did you buy an agp card if you were going to build a new computer? honestly no online retailer still says components that old because there's no point. but your newly acquired antique video card on ebay and build a modern system.

lechonera

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
I made a mistake. I bought some dual channel 800 memory which turn out to be giving me all kinds of problem, the best video card i have ever owned the saphire agp w/ ddr3 memory and my motherboard is a very nice old gigabyte . I guess maybe I should look into upgrading some other way . i though that with those two upgrades I would be happy for a while.

Roberto.