Hi,

I am encountering frequent blue screen of death with my setup as follows:

- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.6Ghz
- Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
- OCZ PC2-8500 Platinum DDR2 1066Mhz 4GB
- Gigabyte GTX295
- Gigabyte ODIN Pro 800W
- Cooler Master Hyper TX2

It happens about once every 2 days during random situations (eg. when I have not boot into windows, idle in windows or playing games). The error stated in BOD would mostly be "Memory Management". However, there are some other errors which occur less. In addition, my cpu voltage in BIOS is 1.425V while cpuz only show much less at 1.392V. Intel burn test results are also not consistent (Gigaflops range from 17 to 20.9). I've run Prime95 at SmallFFTs which is stable for 2.5 hours. Sorry I have yet to test "blend" in prime95. Appreciate if sum1 can advise if there is any issues with my OC settings. Thanks in advance.

hahuei

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
You should check the pins under your processor, I believe some of your hair from your hairyworld is stuck in the socket, impeding proper contact of the pins and the motherboard socket.

Peace Out!

You are overclocking your memory and that is probably limiting your CPU overclock and contributing to your instability.

Change your System Memory Multiplier to the first 2.00 (probably 2.00B in an EP43) you see. Your memory clock should be 600 MHz with an FSB of 300 MHz. At that point CPUZ will show an FSB:RAM ratio of 1:1.

Overclocking memory really does not contribute much if anything to performance in a Core2 system. We talk about that here:
Overclocking RAM
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251715-29-ratio-myth

As far as Load Line Calibration is concerned, try it on and off. Use whichever works better for you.
----------
Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz