Sims2: Sudden Ultra Slow Motion

Has the following ever happened to one of you, and if so, is there a cure:

In one of my families, at precisely 9:17 am Sim time the game all of a
sudden goes into ultra slow motion: one Sim minute takes around 5
RL-minutes to compute. The game is freezingly slow. I can go into build
or buy modes, all flies fast like a charm. Back to life mode: ultra slow.

Didn't save, went into neighbourhood, back to the familiy: 9:17 the game
goes into ultra-slow.

Closed the game, restarted the machine, every time the same effect: at
9:17 am the game goes into griding slow motion.

I have removed the family from the house and moved back in: hooray, that
worked, but only 3 Sim days later the same effect: this time at 10:37.

Okay, moving out works, but it is a major pain to move out every 3 Sim
days, and each time losing all your precious bonus objects!

Any help for me?

Kai

The only time this happened to me was during a shift between night and day.

Kai Rosenthal wrote:
> Has the following ever happened to one of you, and if so, is there a
> cure:
>
> In one of my families, at precisely 9:17 am Sim time the game all of
> sudden goes into ultra slow motion: one Sim minute takes around 5
> RL-minutes to compute.
<snip>

It's a semi-common problem, actually, called (appropriately enough),
the "Slowdown Bug". The NPC portals get corrupted somehow, and
apparently you get lots of invisible NPCs on the lot. (If you open the
cheat window, there should be an error message about the portal)

AFAIK, there is no solution, other than moving out the family and
bulldozing the lot. As you found out, moving the family out doesn't
fix the problem permanently.

Kai Rosenthal:
>> [snip] 9:17 [snip] 10:37 [snip]

Jeremy Reaban:
> [snip] "Slowdown Bug" [snip] NPC portals [snip]

It all fits together.

09:17 is roughly the gardener's arrival time,
10:37 is the mailcarier. It should also happen at 10:10
or so for the maid.

Kai Rosenthal schrieb:

> Has the following ever happened to one of you, and if so, is there a cure:

[snip]

Oh, and just in case you want to trace it to problems at my machine:
WinXP Pro;
2 GHz CPU;
512 MB RAM;
Geforce FX 5200 with 128 MB;
latest drivers and DirectX;
no other programs and services in the background.

(Should be well within the requirements for Sims2)

Kai
--
www.cornrelius.de - the VGA Planets War Academy

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in

> Kai Rosenthal wrote:
>> Has the following ever happened to one of you, and if so, is
>> there a cure:
>>
>> In one of my families, at precisely 9:17 am Sim time the game all
>> of
>> sudden goes into ultra slow motion: one Sim minute takes around 5
>> RL-minutes to compute.
><snip>
>
> It's a semi-common problem, actually, called (appropriately
> enough), the "Slowdown Bug". The NPC portals get corrupted
> somehow, and apparently you get lots of invisible NPCs on the lot.
> (If you open the cheat window, there should be an error message
> about the portal)
>
> AFAIK, there is no solution, other than moving out the family and
> bulldozing the lot. As you found out, moving the family out
> doesn't fix the problem permanently.

What if you move them out and then put them on another lot? The
problem isn't with the family, right? The problem is with the
original lot, which can never be used?

--
---->Sagittaria<----

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Sagittaria wrote:
> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in
>
>> Kai Rosenthal wrote:
>>> Has the following ever happened to one of you, and if so, is
>>> there a cure:
>>>
>>> In one of my families, at precisely 9:17 am Sim time the game all
>>> of
>>> sudden goes into ultra slow motion: one Sim minute takes around 5
>>> RL-minutes to compute.
>> <snip>
>>
>> It's a semi-common problem, actually, called (appropriately
>> enough), the "Slowdown Bug". The NPC portals get corrupted
>> somehow, and apparently you get lots of invisible NPCs on the lot.
>> (If you open the cheat window, there should be an error message
>> about the portal)
>>
>> AFAIK, there is no solution, other than moving out the family and
>> bulldozing the lot. As you found out, moving the family out
>> doesn't fix the problem permanently.
>>

> What if you move them out and then put them on another lot? The
> problem isn't with the family, right? The problem is with the
> original lot, which can never be used?

Yeah, it's just a lot problem, not the family.