X25-M running slow

G

Hello,
I bought a G2 X25-M drive the day it came out. At first it was running great, with Win7 booting in ~6 seconds. I've reinstalled Win7 3 times (each time selecting to reformat and do a fresh install). These days it's taking about 25 seconds to boot the system. Nothing else has changed and I have almost no applications or startup programs. I updated to the latest Intel firmware in Feb so I believe the drive should be utilizing Trim. Any suggestions?

Are too many application running at start up? Check via running msconfig, and the start up tab. If you have garbage loading at start up, this will slow it down. You can uncheck application to stop loading, BUT BE CAREFUL. You MAY need all things loading from Microsoft. Look elsewhere to info on msconfig and startup apps.

Have you cecked BIOS settings? Boot order and drive info.

You said the firmware was updated, so TRIM should be working. Did this start after the update?

You may need to search for more info on TRIM, as I can't advise you it that regard. I remember reading something about "Gargage Collection" and SSD drives. I think it is a program you can run to "clean up" a SSD. I know OCZ has a download on their website, maybe Intel does also?

Good Luck!

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Hello,
I bought a G2 X25-M drive the day it came out. At first it was running great, with Win7 booting in ~6 seconds. I've reinstalled Win7 3 times (each time selecting to reformat and do a fresh install). These days it's taking about 25 seconds to boot the system. Nothing else has changed and I have almost no applications or startup programs. I updated to the latest Intel firmware in Feb so I believe the drive should be utilizing Trim. Any suggestions?

Use crystal disk to benchmark your ssd. It will tell you if its not running up to spec. I have a intel 40g and a 80g gen2 ssd and with that it has the toolbox software that you can download. That software will tell you if something is wrong with your ssd.

My suggestion is if something is wrong, use a program to write all the blocks to zero. Just google it for the free ones. If im not mistakin when you fromat a ssd, it doesnt write zeros to it. Its not like a spindle hd.