[TS2] How much can children help?

How much can children and teens help with caring for babies and
toddlers?

Thanks!

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
12 answers Last reply
More about children help

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > How much can children and teens help with caring for babies and
    > toddlers?

    Children cannot help. A teen can do anything an adult can do except give
    birth in the first place.

    Gareeth

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > How much can children and teens help with caring for babies and
    > toddlers?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Only teens can fully care for a baby or toddler.

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

    "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How much can children and teens help with caring for babies and
    >> toddlers?
    >>
    >Children cannot help. A teen can do anything an adult can do except give
    >birth in the first place.

    Thanks!

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

    I don't think they can teach the toddler to walk/talk. Tried it with
    one of mine. Of course, it might be that my teenager thought he had
    better things to do with his time!

    Lou

    "Weasel" <weaselm4@excite.com> wrote in message
    >I don't think they can teach the toddler to walk/talk. Tried it with
    > one of mine. Of course, it might be that my teenager thought he had
    > better things to do with his time!

    Sometimes they seem to be able to other tiemes not. It is weird and I can't
    figure out what causes them to be able to or not. They can always potty
    train though.

    Gareeth

    "Weasel" <weaselm4@excite.com> wrote in message
    >I don't think they can teach the toddler to walk/talk. Tried it with
    > one of mine. Of course, it might be that my teenager thought he had
    > better things to do with his time!
    >
    > Lou

    I've had that option appear with some and not with others. Perhaps it has
    to do with the relationship points the teen has with the toddler? Some of
    them will spontaneously feed the baby and some seem to totally ignore it.
    those that do have as high or higher relationship points than the parents
    do.

    > I've had that option appear with some and not with others. Perhaps it
    > has
    > to do with the relationship points the teen has with the toddler? Some
    > of them will spontaneously feed the baby and some seem to totally ignore
    > it. those that do have as high or higher relationship points than the
    > parents do.

    Some of that has to do with Aspirations. If a teen has a family aspiration,
    they will readily teach toddlers and interact with them. But I also noticed
    that it takes a day or so after a child becomes a teen for them to actually
    do this.
    In some of my households, the teens take over the parenting of the toddler
    completely!
    -ned

    "Nanci Donacki" <captainnanci@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > Some of that has to do with Aspirations. If a teen has a family
    > aspiration, they will readily teach toddlers and interact with them.

    It's not relaible though. I have had a few fortune aspiration sim teens take
    an interest in parenting their younger Sibs while their teenaged family
    aspiring siblings don't. I have loads of family aspiration teens and they
    while they often do teach otehr times the option never comes up.

    Gareeth

    "Nanci Donacki" <captainnanci@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    >> I've had that option appear with some and not with others. Perhaps it
    >> has
    >> to do with the relationship points the teen has with the toddler? Some
    >> of them will spontaneously feed the baby and some seem to totally ignore
    >> it. those that do have as high or higher relationship points than the
    >> parents do.
    >
    > Some of that has to do with Aspirations. If a teen has a family
    > aspiration, they will readily teach toddlers and interact with them. But
    > I also noticed that it takes a day or so after a child becomes a teen for
    > them to actually do this.
    > In some of my households, the teens take over the parenting of the toddler
    > completely!
    > -ned

    I've had a Romance teen that pretty much took over two of her younger
    siblings. I'm going to have to watch the next few families and see if I can
    find any correlations between skills/aspirations/ relationships and ability
    to train. I've noticed that sims with an entertainment deficit will play
    with (or get the option to play with) toddlers that are using the three
    toddler toys. Does that make the toddlers learn faster?

    Maybe it does have to do with other traits/characteristics as well. I
    haven't really paid that much attention, either. Some teen sims so and some
    don't. Some can teach and others only feed or hold.
    As for training, I have had some tots learn some things quickly, but potty
    training almost always takes 2-3 days. I had one sim tot who learned to
    walk in one day!
    Maybe I should pay more attention to things they do (without prompting) to
    see if there's any correlation.
    -ned

    > As for training, I have had some tots learn some things quickly, but potty
    > training almost always takes 2-3 days. I had one sim tot who learned to
    > walk in one day!

    Usually I can train them to walk and talk in one session each and then potty
    takes two to three. That's with smart milk. Without it it takes forever so I
    don't attmept anything but potty training when my sims can't make it.

    Gareeth

    "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >"Nanci Donacki" <captainnanci@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> As for training, I have had some tots learn some things quickly, but potty
    >> training almost always takes 2-3 days. I had one sim tot who learned to
    >> walk in one day!
    >>
    >Usually I can train them to walk and talk in one session each and then potty
    >takes two to three. That's with smart milk. Without it it takes forever so I
    >don't attmept anything but potty training when my sims can't make it.

    Is there a point to doing all that training?

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL