What is a dood DDR2 O'clocking board with a Regor?

gorgerax

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Hey all!

What are some good overclocking board recommendations using a Regor Atholn II X2 240 CPU and DDR2 memory (Have lots of 1 GB sticks on hand)? Not really a big gamer.

Thanks!

Well overclocking memory is more determined by the memory itself. Budget ram will not overclock much if any. Most cheap budget ram you will be lucky to get an extra 25mhz over its rated speed. So if you are having issues getting your ram to run faster it is not your motherboard it is the ram themselves.

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
i had a full size version of that board and had no problem getting my board to get 4.0 with my 940 be and those look like ram that will help you with ocing, dont quote me if saaiello says no haha but looks good

Yea that looks like a good combo. You might have some clearance issues if you decide to use an aftermarket cooler those reapers stand really tall and could cause clearance issues with some coolers. Depending if you can spend a little bit more i would suggesr corsair dominator series but those reapers are good ram too I just like corsair a little better.

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
ya with my g skill ram i have like 1 mm of clearance over the core contact freezer i have in my rig so take heatsink room in mind and if you dont have an after market heatsink i would advice you to get one if you plan on ocing more then alittle on the system due to increases in heat.