What do I do with these files

Last response: in Video Games
January 7, 2005 10:14:48 PM

I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder but
that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.

Does anyone know what I do with these files?

--
--Cuth

More about : files

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 10:14:49 PM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:14:48 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
>file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder but
>that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>
>Does anyone know what I do with these files?

They are compressed files, like .zip files. You need WinRAR or
another extractor to open them. WinRAR is the most common, but it's
shareware, though you can try it for free. I use a freeware program
called ExtractNow. Once you extract them, you put the .package file
in Downloads, just like the file you extract from a .zip file.

BW
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 11:55:29 PM

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:14:48 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
>>file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder
>>but
>>that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>>
>>Does anyone know what I do with these files?
>
> They are compressed files, like .zip files. You need WinRAR or
> another extractor to open them. WinRAR is the most common, but it's
> shareware, though you can try it for free. I use a freeware program
> called ExtractNow. Once you extract them, you put the .package file
> in Downloads, just like the file you extract from a .zip file.
>
> BW

I've been using a free program called UnzipThemAll for years, works
great!!

http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modules/wfsection/article...

.........B
January 8, 2005 1:25:21 AM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone schrieb am 07.01.2005:

> I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
> file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder but
> that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>
> Does anyone know what I do with these files?

Files with the extension .rar are packed archives, like .zip files. You
will need WinRar to extract the contents of those files. An unlimited
evaluation version can be downloaded here:

http://www.rarlab.com

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.wotsit.org/
http://www.wikipedia.com
http://www.google.com

J o e
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:25:22 AM

Joe Koperski wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone schrieb am 07.01.2005:
>
>> I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
>> file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder
>> but that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I do with these files?
>
> Files with the extension .rar are packed archives, like .zip files.
> You will need WinRar to extract the contents of those files. An
> unlimited evaluation version can be downloaded here:
>
> http://www.rarlab.com
>
> Additional information can be found here:
> http://www.wotsit.org/
> http://www.wikipedia.com
> http://www.google.com
>

> J o e

Incorrect. It's 30 days, *not* unlimited.
on salads.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 2:27:29 AM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> Joe Koperski wrote:
> > Files with the extension .rar are packed archives, like
> > .zip files. You will need WinRar to extract the
> > contents of those files. An unlimited evaluation
> > version can be downloaded here:
> Incorrect. It's 30 days, *not* unlimited.

Mine still works. And it's been months.

T.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 3:02:36 AM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:14:48 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
>>file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder but
>>that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>>
>>Does anyone know what I do with these files?
>

> They are compressed files, like .zip files. You need WinRAR or
> another extractor to open them. WinRAR is the most common, but it's
> shareware, though you can try it for free. I use a freeware program
> called ExtractNow. Once you extract them, you put the .package file
> in Downloads, just like the file you extract from a .zip file.

Thanks. Downloaded ExtractNow. Luv it.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

No - it's shareware, it just asks you to register that you've got it after
30 days, not pay for it. Even if you don't register it, it still works
fine. I've have my version for well over 2 years now - still going.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Incorrect. It's 30 days, *not* unlimited.
January 10, 2005 4:35:57 PM

Maxon waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
tried again and came up with:
> No - it's shareware, it just asks you to register that you've got it
> after 30 days, not pay for it. Even if you don't register it, it
> still works fine. I've have my version for well over 2 years now -
> still going.

OTOH, you could actually register it. It's not very expensive...

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
> I downloaded some clothes from a German Sim website and got an "rar"
> file. Never seen these before. I put them in the downloads folder but
> that hasn't worked--the clothes don't show up.
>
> Does anyone know what I do with these files?
>
> --
> --Cuth

download winrar and unrar the files .........simple
!