Is this RAM voltage compatiable with this Motherboard?

talofaholbrook

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Well, my board will only support 800 MHz PC2 6400. What other better RAM is out there that would be for my motherboard? How much volts does my board support?

FlorinR

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
It's not like the ram will "steal" voltage from MB... The voltages from the site are refering to the RAM and how much it needs for run at 4-4-4-12 and 800Mhz. You can buy a pair of module that don't even require that much. But if they need 2.1V you must set this in the BIOS. I have no ideea how is the BIOS of an Intel MB configured...for OC

The reapers are very good RAM. Those just require a little more power than some other chips. It won't fry your board or anything. When you get up into the higher voltage RAM, some boards have a hard time booting up. Some have no problem at all.

It just means you may need to tweak some of the settings in the bios.

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Click the link in my previous post.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

It's pretty simple: If you install that RAM, it will boot up at a slower speed. You'll have to increase speed manually in BIOS. But to get it stable at the higher speed, you'll probably need more voltage, and your Intel motherboard might not let you change the voltage.

So you end up paying for faster RAM, and using it as slower RAM. The first guy to respond left a link to these in his post:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231219

TRENDING THREADS