8h I accidently hit limited next to the administrator name & now I can\'t

PLEASE help I accidentally hit limited next to administrator now I can't download nor can I defrag can't really do anything :cry: :cry: :pt1cable: I'm at a lost here any & all answers & help is grateful
6 answers Last reply
More about accidently limited administrator
  1. Start up in safe mode.

Log on using built-in Administrator account

Go back to Control Panel, User Accounts

Click your regular account

Click "Change Account Type" and make Administrator again.

Re-boot normally.

2. tigsounds said:
    Start up in safe mode.

Log on using built-in Administrator account

Go back to Control Panel, User Accounts

Click your regular account

Click "Change Account Type" and make Administrator again.

Re-boot normally.

THANK YOU WILL TRY THIS. >> ;) SAFE MODE IS WHEN THE COMPUTER IS STARTNG TO RE-BOOT RIGHT? :pfff: THAT IS F8? R AM I WRONG? :sweat: :sweat:
  3. paulad said:
    THANK YOU WILL TRY THIS. >> ;) SAFE MODE IS WHEN THE COMPUTER IS STARTNG TO RE-BOOT RIGHT? :pfff: THAT IS F8? R AM I WRONG? :sweat: :sweat:

Poke the F8 key every second while the computer is starting up. It will show the boot options menu. Use the cursor keys to select "Safe Mode" you don't need command prompt or networking. Once started, do the above and you'll be all fixed again.

4. i did what was suggested but under pick a task the following appeared create password change picture setup account to use .net passport. how do i get to built in administrator account??? i'm a senior citizen & really don't understand pc's that well. thank you
  5. If you started pecking at the F8 key from the moment you turned on the computer, it goes to a black & white screen with a list of things to choose from.

Use the cursor keys and move the highlighted bar up to Start computer in Safe Mode, and then press the enter key.
    The next screen will show what to start in safe mode, here you select Windows XP and the safe-mode startup will proceed by scrolling everything that is being loaded on the screen. Eventually it will come to a screen that requires you to choose which account to run. Select "Administrator" and continue.

Once it nearly ready to finish loading, you will be presented with a choice to continue safe mode or perform a system restore point rollback. Choose carefully so you will continue to run Windows in safe mode.

After Windows completes loading you can go to the Control Panel, User Accounts, and change your account back to Administrator.

6. Thank you will try this pray I don't mess up I wrote the instruyions so I think I'll be ok trying to fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Defragment Windows XP