Building rig question- does mail-n-rebate actually work?

Dasher

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Okay im trying to get it in my budget but im not sure if i should base the price out of the price of the componets and shipping or with the M-n-R it seems like a lot of people do base it off that though. SO yea does it actually work?

So far it has worked very well for me. It's just that sometimes the check arrives after 4 months.

Read the fine print, especially for the larger rebates. For example if you buy two kits of 2x1GB of RAM you might end up getting a single rebate instead of two.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
i've never had a problem with them, just make sure you read the terms to be certain you comply. Also, you must be patient, because they take several weeks to get back to you.

conflict5

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Yes and no.. For the most part I have had good luck... But you have to watch out... I just purchased 4 GB of PC8500 ram and the price was good with a $30 MIR however I took the free shipping and it took almost two weeks. I was on vacation when the item arrived and behold my allowed time to send in the MIR had expired... Most of them I send it go fine. I am still wating on the one I sent in for my 750w PS and only time will tell...

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I've never had an issue. Just make copies or scan as a .pdf for backups.

You just have to wait a few months to get the money, but I have always gotten mine.

zero3one

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I've never had any problems with mail in rebates either. But like aevm says: sometimes they arrive in 4 months. Course by then I have fogetten about them and it's like free money! ;-)

G

they take to much tax. I wan't less tax. And i want some money back.

BassBallz

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
The only company I've had issues with getting rebates from is MSI. They have a very vague and unhelpful rebate page and unless you start twisting arms and such, your chances of getting your rebate are 50/50.

fennecfox

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Does the name I write on the Rebate for have to match the name of the owner of the credit (or debit) card (ordering online)? thanks :D