Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which HDD adapter do i need? (IDE to SATA)

Last response: in Storage
April 15, 2010 10:01:46 PM

--Ignore the IDE to SATA in the thread title since 44 pin to 40 pin will suffice--

Hi, ok so im trying to recover some data from an old laptop that has ultimately expired lol And the drive that was inside is a FUJITSU 100 gb MHU2100AT and i briefly looked on newegg for the right adapter but i wasnt to sure with the bad camera angles of some of the products...ok so its not a traditional IDE in the sense that its a 40-pin male interface...its a female 44-pin i believe and it has a stair like step interface lol I just want to be sure that this will work for what i need it to do

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks alot

More about : hdd adapter ide sata

Best solution

April 15, 2010 10:30:40 PM

If I can picture what you are talking about, it's likely the IDE pins just have an adapter on them - you should be able to slide that off and then you just need to get a cheap external enclosure.
April 16, 2010 1:06:58 AM

jfreggie said:
If I can picture what you are talking about, it's likely the IDE pins just have an adapter on them - you should be able to slide that off and then you just need to get a cheap external enclosure.

Your absolutely right and it was an adapter on it but i do think i did purchase the right adapter as it said 2.5" to 3.5" adapter so lets hope :D 
April 16, 2010 1:07:09 AM

Best answer selected by white4lfe.
!