Sign in with
Your question

Front panel pin layout (pc HP Compaq DC5100 )

Last response: in Motherboards
March 11, 2009 10:14:54 PM

hi

i need the diagram

thanks in advanced

March 11, 2009 10:58:28 PM

no manuals in hp compaq site show any thing about it

i'm looking for some kind of diagram or squematic with description of pins to connect power switch, power led, hdd led and reset switch

Related resources
a c 229 V Motherboard
a b α HP
March 12, 2009 1:04:48 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to start from the motherboard and identify what pins are connected to the FP connector? The FP connector on the motherboard is pretty standard, but if you know what motherboard you have, then it should be quite easy to figure it out.
March 12, 2009 1:07:53 AM

OEM's like to use proprietary connectors for these things to make it hard to figure out. you most likely won't find a diagram of it.
a c 229 V Motherboard
a b α HP
March 12, 2009 1:14:19 AM

I have a Compaq ML110 G2 server and the connector is standard. Figuring out the connector isn't that difficult, but it might be time consuming.
March 12, 2009 1:32:46 AM

Without a diagram, which if there isn't one on HP's site then nobody else will have one either, you will need a multimeter set to resistance or continuity setting with which to trace the pins on the switches and LEDs to the respective pins in the connector, then of course compare those to the pinout for the header on the motherboard and swap wires as needed. It's fairly straightforward and easy once you pop the case front bezel off so you have access to the electrical contacts. If the wiring is covered by heatshrink tubing then your multimeter probes may need insulation piercing tips on them.

If you don't have a multimeter, it's well worth investing in one, they're quite handy devices that can end up paying for themselves some day.
April 28, 2009 6:19:35 AM

I just spent a good 2 hours looking for the same thing. I have a spare motherboard I have acquired from a friend and I did not know the manufacturer. All I could find are some numbers on it but nothing really indicating the actual model number.

I eventually found that it was a motherboard from an HP-Compaq type computer.
More digging helped me find that ASUS manufactured the motherboards for HP.

More digging finally brought me to an actual model number that eventually brought me to a user manual. whew.

I do not have the same exact motherboard but the layout is almost identical to mine except in color and the fact that my motherboard does not have SATA.

but nonetheless, I found what we are all looking for!!!!

(click image for larger size)
I cant really see a reference too much in the picture and I still have not tried to find one yet.
I think the one across from the SMI lead might be the pin that is not on the motherboard.

I found this on page 38 of this manual
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800-mx/e...

June 19, 2010 6:20:06 PM

That diagram was not even close to what the front panel pin config was on my board I created a quick and dirty pin layout as a .bmp file anyone wants it contact me at wjscott68@yahoo.com....

ALSO THE USB Front Connect is priority and the front audio connectors is too .. Does anyone have a idea to fix the error messages on startup or stop them from happening?

I just bought a loose board with front panel connectors (lucky me) and try to mount it in a standard case... every thing works just fine like to get around the errors messages for audio and usb front panel.. or I'm gonna have to figure out how to mount the front panel connectors..
March 13, 2011 5:15:18 PM

DC5100 MT Motherboard

1- Motherboard FRONT PANEL PIN LAYOUT
top row : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
bottom row : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Power switch : bottom row 6-7
Power LED : top row 8-9

2- Motherboard USB PIN LAYOUT
top row : 1 2 3 4 5
bot row : 1 2 3 4 5

Add ground to pin bottom row 1

3- Motherboard Audio PIN LAYOUT
top row : 1 2 3 4 5
bot row : 1 2 3 4 5

Add ground to pin top row 2
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b α HP
July 1, 2011 10:09:49 PM

HP CMT 530 as well as HP ML110 G4

HDD LED (Red) 1 - 2 (White) Power LED
HDD LED (White) 3 - 4 (Green) Power LED
Reset SW (White) 5 - 6 (Black) Power SW
Reset SW (Black) 7 - 8 (Red) Power SW

on ML110 G4, Pin 13 and 15 are connected directly to each other, why .. i dont know .. it might be interesting, if there are some Pins for LAN-LED?

Best Regards

PP2000
:hello: 
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b α HP
August 19, 2011 12:50:37 PM

GhislainG said:
Wouldn't it be easier to start from the motherboard and identify what pins are connected to the FP connector? The FP connector on the motherboard is pretty standard, but if you know what motherboard you have, then it should be quite easy to figure it out.

they are NOT marked, thats the point of the question
!