The Sims 2 -Cheat for getting friends?

Is there something around? a cheat, or a hacked object, that increases the
number of friends for a Sim, like we had in Sims 1?
Thanks!! I need it!!!
15 answers Last reply
More about sims cheat friends

    download SimPE and modify the relationships that way
    you can make your sim be friends with everyone she knows

    --
    - D
    "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > Is there something around? a cheat, or a hacked object, that increases the
    > number of friends for a Sim, like we had in Sims 1?
    > Thanks!! I need it!!!

    Thanks a lot, D!
    But now...I downloaded SimPe, but it says that the .net framework microsoft
    program is needed...I downloaded this too, but am a bit scared, won't it
    mess up my computer? I don't do designing or difficult things...just would
    use SimPe to cheat a bit...any suggestions, again? shall I install it, or
    not?

    "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > download SimPE and modify the relationships that way
    > you can make your sim be friends with everyone she knows
    >

    > --
    > - D
    > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there something around? a cheat, or a hacked object, that increases
    the
    > > number of friends for a Sim, like we had in Sims 1?
    > > Thanks!! I need it!!!

    Definitely install!
    It runs in the background and I don't even know it's there

    So you want to modify character's relationships using SimPE
    hmm...I'll see if you can work it out first before telling you how to do it
    :P

    Don't forget to backup your neighbourhood!
    tip: you can do this with SimPE and it's very good!
    Also check out modthesims2.com
    they offer great tutorials on how to use it

    I'm just a novice myself!

    --
    > Thanks a lot, D!
    > But now...I downloaded SimPe, but it says that the .net framework
    > microsoft
    > program is needed...I downloaded this too, but am a bit scared, won't it
    > mess up my computer? I don't do designing or difficult things...just would
    > use SimPe to cheat a bit...any suggestions, again? shall I install it, or
    > not?
    >

    > "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> download SimPE and modify the relationships that way
    >> you can make your sim be friends with everyone she knows
    >>

    >> --
    >> - D
    >> "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> > Is there something around? a cheat, or a hacked object, that increases
    > the
    >> > number of friends for a Sim, like we had in Sims 1?
    >> > Thanks!! I need it!!!

    "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks a lot, D!
    > But now...I downloaded SimPe, but it says that the .net framework
    > microsoft
    > program is needed...I downloaded this too, but am a bit scared, won't it
    > mess up my computer? I don't do designing or difficult things...just would
    > use SimPe to cheat a bit...any suggestions, again? shall I install it, or
    > not?

    If you want major fiddling (nor cheating.. just gentle fiddling) options
    then you install Net framework and SimPe. Nobody is more nervous than I am
    and I did it.

    Nothing went wrong at all.
    Famous last words.

    However, for real despotic behaviour on a galactic scale against your Sims,
    you can't beat boolprop. No! I mean, I use it to help them with their
    little problems in life.

    Granny - smiling sweetly.

    Well...I trusted you!
    so far so good, no problems in the computer,but... my gentle feedling just
    doesn't work (yet)

    "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:4eTDd.6056$GG1.3546@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks a lot, D!
    > > But now...I downloaded SimPe, but it says that the .net framework
    > > microsoft
    > > program is needed...I downloaded this too, but am a bit scared, won't it
    > > mess up my computer? I don't do designing or difficult things...just
    would
    > > use SimPe to cheat a bit...any suggestions, again? shall I install it,
    or
    > > not?
    >
    > If you want major fiddling (nor cheating.. just gentle fiddling) options
    > then you install Net framework and SimPe. Nobody is more nervous than I am
    > and I did it.
    >
    > Nothing went wrong at all.
    > Famous last words.
    >
    > However, for real despotic behaviour on a galactic scale against your
    Sims,
    > you can't beat boolprop. No! I mean, I use it to help them with their
    > little problems in life.
    > >
    > Granny - smiling sweetly.

    Mmmm. So I opened SimPe...went into the neighborood, chose the Sim I want to
    modify...I need to give her more friends so that her career may move up
    quickly...
    What I did was to raise all her relationships point to at least 50...both in
    present moment and in daylife...and the same, of course, was done also to
    the person whose relationship with her I was modifying...
    BUT NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE GAME, and, strangely, not even the cheat for
    increasing guests at a party works anymore! have I got some kind of bug that
    prevents cheats from working? should I install the EA patch? so far I
    didn't, since I never had the jump bug or whatever. But, maybe my time is
    near?

    Thanks...
    Smeraldina

    > Well...I trusted you!

    Wow!!!!

    > so far so good, no problems in the computer,but... my gentle feedling just
    > doesn't work (yet)

    Slide into it gently. Start with a few little surprises and work your way up
    to a nasty shock - like a sim entering a room and finding Death is waiting
    for them. Or shaking hands with a new Sim and discovering they are now
    pregnant.

    Granny.

    You have to both commit and save.

    MM

    > Mmmm. So I opened SimPe...went into the neighborood, chose the Sim I want
    > modify...I need to give her more friends so that her career may move up
    > quickly...
    > What I did was to raise all her relationships point to at least 50...both
    in
    > present moment and in daylife...and the same, of course, was done also to
    > the person whose relationship with her I was modifying...
    > BUT NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE GAME, and, strangely, not even the cheat for
    > increasing guests at a party works anymore! have I got some kind of bug
    that
    > prevents cheats from working? should I install the EA patch? so far I
    > didn't, since I never had the jump bug or whatever. But, maybe my time is
    > near?
    >
    > Thanks...
    > Smeraldina
    >

    > "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > Definitely install!
    > > It runs in the background and I don't even know it's there
    > >
    > > So you want to modify character's relationships using SimPE
    > > hmm...I'll see if you can work it out first before telling you how to do
    > it
    > > :P
    > >
    > > Don't forget to backup your neighbourhood!
    > > tip: you can do this with SimPE and it's very good!
    > > Also check out modthesims2.com
    > > they offer great tutorials on how to use it
    > >
    > > I'm just a novice myself!
    > >
    > > --
    > > - D
    > > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks a lot, D!
    > > > But now...I downloaded SimPe, but it says that the .net framework
    > > > microsoft
    > > > program is needed...I downloaded this too, but am a bit scared, won't
    it
    > > > mess up my computer? I don't do designing or difficult things...just
    > would
    > > > use SimPe to cheat a bit...any suggestions, again? shall I install it,
    > or
    > > > not?
    > > >

    > > > "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > increases
    > > > the

    What MM said
    press COMMIT
    the go to File>Save

    Did you make a backup of your neighbourhood!?!
    please say yes!
    :)

    And definitely install the patch
    Did you have the MaxnumberofSims cheat in a cheat file in your Config
    folder? if so just delete it and write another one
    sometimes it's a resetting thing
    I would try that

    --
    - D
    > You have to both commit and save.
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> Mmmm. So I opened SimPe...went into the neighborood, chose the Sim I want
    >> modify...I need to give her more friends so that her career may move up
    >> quickly...
    >> What I did was to raise all her relationships point to at least 50...both
    > in
    >> present moment and in daylife...and the same, of course, was done also to
    >> the person whose relationship with her I was modifying...
    >> BUT NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE GAME, and, strangely, not even the cheat for
    >> increasing guests at a party works anymore! have I got some kind of bug
    > that
    >> prevents cheats from working? should I install the EA patch? so far I
    >> didn't, since I never had the jump bug or whatever. But, maybe my time is
    >> near?
    >>
    >> Thanks...
    >> Smeraldina
    >>

    >> "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> > Definitely install!
    >> > It runs in the background and I don't even know it's there
    >> >
    >> > So you want to modify character's relationships using SimPE
    >> > hmm...I'll see if you can work it out first before telling you how to
    >> > do
    >> it
    >> > :P
    >> >
    >> > Don't forget to backup your neighbourhood!
    >> > tip: you can do this with SimPE and it's very good!
    >> > Also check out modthesims2.com
    >> > they offer great tutorials on how to use it
    >> >
    >> > I'm just a novice myself!
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > - D
    >> > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > it
    >> would
    >> or

    >> increases

    Well, I did all that! I committed (twice actually...both for every
    single relationship and at the end of the relationship screen) and I
    saved, but nothing happened in the game.
    I also thought that perhaps I should have also changed the type of
    relationship - chainging it to "friend" when it was just "known sim",
    but, sveral of the sims I tampered with were already considered
    friends, just with a low score...after being changed to 50 they should
    have shown in the game as friends, but they didn't!
    As to the MaxNumberOfSims cheat, it had worked fine before, and started
    not working just BEFORE I installed and used SimPe. Just additional
    luck, I suppose. I am not at home now so I can't check if it is in the
    config folder...is it supposed to be there even if just used it now and
    then, writing it in the cheat box?
    And yes, I backed up my neighborood...I don't think SimPe harmed my
    game in any way...it just doesn't work! help please!
    Smeraldina

    D wrote:

    > What MM said
    > press COMMIT
    > the go to File>Save

    My SimsPE isn't working anymore. No relations show up, none at
    all, and my newer sims are all toddlers, with the grown-up
    aspiration. I just installed a newer version but it's the same.
    Anyone?

    T.

    Um have you downloaded the latest version of SimPE?
    Oh and are you fiddling with a Sim or a copy of a Sim?
    the way you know for sure is if the face of the sim you are working on is
    lit up and has no little boxes on it
    I haven't tried altering relationships with SimPE just appearance and
    interest
    so I can't help :(
    try one of the SimPE forums at http://www.modthesims2.com

    One interesting thing about SimPE I renamed Cassie Valentine into Cassie
    Johansson and I stupidly forgot she is sister's with Ivy (they don't live
    together) and Ivy still has her Valentine name
    Anyways going back into the Neighbourhood Cassie's family is still called
    Valentine and the only way I can get "Johansson" to show up is if I hover my
    mouse over her picture during the game.
    Weird

    --
    - D

    "Smeraldina" <SmeraldinaGirl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well, I did all that! I committed (twice actually...both for every
    > single relationship and at the end of the relationship screen) and I
    > saved, but nothing happened in the game.
    > I also thought that perhaps I should have also changed the type of
    > relationship - chainging it to "friend" when it was just "known sim",
    > but, sveral of the sims I tampered with were already considered
    > friends, just with a low score...after being changed to 50 they should
    > have shown in the game as friends, but they didn't!
    > As to the MaxNumberOfSims cheat, it had worked fine before, and started
    > not working just BEFORE I installed and used SimPe. Just additional
    > luck, I suppose. I am not at home now so I can't check if it is in the
    > config folder...is it supposed to be there even if just used it now and
    > then, writing it in the cheat box?
    > And yes, I backed up my neighborood...I don't think SimPe harmed my
    > game in any way...it just doesn't work! help please!
    > Smeraldina
    >

    > D wrote:
    >> What MM said
    >> press COMMIT
    >> the go to File>Save
    >>
    >> Did you make a backup of your neighbourhood!?!
    >> please say yes!
    >> :)
    >>
    >> And definitely install the patch
    >> Did you have the MaxnumberofSims cheat in a cheat file in your Config
    >
    >> folder? if so just delete it and write another one
    >> sometimes it's a resetting thing
    >> I would try that
    >>
    >> --
    >> - D
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > You have to both commit and save.
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Smeraldina" <smeraldina@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > I want
    > move up
    > 50...both
    >> > in
    > also to
    > cheat for
    > of bug
    >> > that
    > far I
    > time is

    > how to

    > framework
    > scared, won't
    >> > it
    > things...just
    > install

    > that

    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

    shift-click on the mailbox.

    > What I did was to raise all her relationships point to at least 50.

    You could put several Flamingoes of Decay onto your lot, and known Sims
    will gradually become friends. That object is at livin-it-up. One
    Flamingo of Decay on the lot slows down relationship decay, two stops
    it, three or more reverse it.
    If you put in 50 of them, well there you are!

    > I haven't tried altering relationships with SimPE just appearance....

    Via Sim Surgery??? is there a tutorial for the surgery? I can't work out
    how to use it.

    Granny.

Sims Games Hacked Video Games