AP that can limit range

nebeno

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I'm looking for an access point that I could limit the range of the signal. It's for the office, and everything is wired, be we wanted a wireless box in the conference room for guests there to use (would be on a separate VLAN), but for added security, we wanted to limit the range of it as there are several other offices which would probably be in range. Another guy has used a Linksys router and some hacked software to make it work at home. Will do this if there are no other options. I searched for awhile though and was unable to find something that would do this out of the box. Any suggestions? thanks

G

I suggest you visit http://www.air802.com/indoor-access. This is the highest powered and most reliable unit I have used and own one as well. There is an option to control the transmit power: Transmit Power(OFDM) 17dBm-20dBm and Transmit Power(CCK) 20dBm-24dBm. Reasonably priced $134 for the metal enclosure and $94 for the plastic enclosure. Highly recommended, great security and configuration flexibility.