here is my current setup

antec 1200
i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz 39C Idle 70 Load
p6t Deluxe
WD Black Cav. 1TB
sapphire 4870x2
6 gig G.Skill 1600
corsair 750watt PSU

im thinking about getting into water cooling for noise purpose. i currently have the TRUE 120 Extreme w/ 2 Scythe "ultra kaze" (push/pull) fans. but its so loud. i think my temps are pretty good on air but it really is loud. tough to watch a movie on when its connected to my 46 inch LED. for around 250$ can i get a good water cooling kit w/ GPU upgrade later for around that price keep the noise down and better my temps?

More about : true water cooling

a b K Overclocking
March 12, 2010 12:51:18 AM

I wouldnt think that would be worth it.... you will not get magnificent temps with water cooling, and as long as your temps dont get to high you could just get some quieter fans.

BTW, put your overclock in the overclocking club.
m
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a b K Overclocking
March 12, 2010 3:51:42 PM

When you're just watching movies, back down that oc.
m
l
March 13, 2010 12:44:17 PM

cmill0422 said:
here is my current setup

antec 1200
i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz 39C Idle 70 Load
p6t Deluxe
WD Black Cav. 1TB
sapphire 4870x2
6 gig G.Skill 1600
corsair 750watt PSU

im thinking about getting into water cooling for noise purpose. i currently have the TRUE 120 Extreme w/ 2 Scythe "ultra kaze" (push/pull) fans. but its so loud. i think my temps are pretty good on air but it really is loud. tough to watch a movie on when its connected to my 46 inch LED. for around 250$ can i get a good water cooling kit w/ GPU upgrade later for around that price keep the noise down and better my temps?

Hey, if you really want into water-cooling go for it. If you the funds and the time for it...by all means. I'd suggest getting a water-block for your GPU first and foremost as thats the fan that usually makes most noise. A block for your CPU will also be necessary. I don't know if you want a chip set block also. A nice, pump, radiator, some nice thermal paste like AS5, tubing, resorvior...etc and your cooling will be better and quiter. However if you want exceptional cooling then get the best radiator you can afford. After all your case is built for this. Just make sure you do it right and know the risks...you dont want leaks anywhere eh...
m
l
!