* Arghhhhh I need help ! *

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Core
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2008 4:26:14 PM

is there any problems with SLI-ing non-identical video cards? i have a gtx 260 core 216 from evga, not overclocked...i want to add a BFG 260 core 216 OC maxcore factory overlocked for SLI goodness...will i run into problems? will it be slower because they're not the same pair, and one is not overclocked, and the other is?

More about : arghhhhh

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2008 4:32:29 PM

Theoretically that should work. Having them at the same clock settings would probably help, but I'd think the Forceware drivers probably force them to equalize for SLI to work right?

Same chipset, so I'd think it would work.
December 6, 2008 4:36:49 PM

thanks for the reply!
makes me uneasy that you're uncertain too though! haha
Related resources
December 6, 2008 4:59:13 PM

why the mix-match? why not just get another evga core 216? but yes they will SLI together and take it from me you will LOVE the performance you get. i have SLI GTX 260-216 EVGA.
December 6, 2008 5:03:43 PM

i'm mixing and matching because the BFG maxcore is on sale for CHEAPER than the non-oveclocked evga core 216!
grrrrr
but i need to know that i won't run into any problems mixing and matching!!!
December 6, 2008 5:06:21 PM

you should get no problems at all. they both are "core 216's" and even if they werent you would still be ok because you can SLI a 216 and a 192 core too, so happy SLI'ing.
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2008 5:19:14 PM

They will default to the speed of the slower card. But, you can simply overclock the stock card to the speed of the faster overclocked card.
No problem. Even at stock speed though, 2 of these in SLI is a formidable setup that will rock and roll.
December 6, 2008 5:23:19 PM

sweet, that's what i like to hear!
:D 
i'm not too sure if i'm gonna take the plunge and splurge another 240 on it.
boxing day IS coming up!
thanks for the info tho, great to know!!
!