Windows movie maker export problem

zipperrulez

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I've made a movie with text, wmv files, and wma files. I click export and choose my settings, then click ok and the timer INCREASES TREMENDOUSLY. It will start out at 60 minutes remaining, and continue to increase. In under 10 minutes the estimated time is over 1000 minutes, and it doesn't stop increasing. The progress bar stays at 0% and it will never go up to even 1%. I'm getting really frustrated, this video took me 4 hours to create and I can't even save it. I tried reinstalling and it didn't work. Changing size and specifications do not matter.

System specs:
Processor:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 440 @ 2.00GHz
Memory:
2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
142 GB with a 250 GB external for games
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.100216-1510)
Motherboard:
ELITEGROUP 945GCT-M3

Thanks for any insight you can give me,
ZR

I love Windows Movie Maker for simple clips, but it is VERY limited as you have now found out. It can take a LONG time to change the format of existing clips. In fact, that is the next thing you should try: see if your clips can be imported in a less compressed format like DVI-AVI which are HUGE but fast to convert to other formats.

Your other option is to let it run overnight and MAYBE it will finish.

zipperrulez

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

Neither of which worked, however thank you for an answer.
After leaving it run overnight, the total amount of minutes was over 100,000, and the progress bar was still at 0%.

zipperrulez

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for answering.
Two different ones, in game clips are 905kbps and pc recorded are 787kbps. Both files are WMV's, but I also tried AVI.
I can't find the codec.
Oddly enough, switching from NTSC to PAL in the settings gets it to export about 30% before telling me there was an error and it can't continue.

TRENDING THREADS