HOW FAR CAN I GO???

anyone know a SAFE!! speed i can overclock my processor at. I have a intel core 2QUAD CPU Q6600 240 GHz Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Dont YELL at me!!!

seriously man, read some guides and come back when you have questions. Nobody will know what you can overclock it to until you start.
  2. overshocked said:
    Dont YELL at me!!!

seriously man, read some guides and come back when you have questions. Nobody will know what you can overclock it to until you start.

sorry for not being a computer genius this is why iam on here sorry i asked!!!!
  3. Well dude , these resources are in place for a reason. Check this out , right here on Tom's. You need to understand the basics of overclocking to understand our advice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide
  4. 3.0Ghz is pretty safe for that CPU. Of course, it can get much more especially with good cooling. Read the overclocking guide to start.
  5. Q6600 has a good mutli so it will clock high and stay stable as long as u get the voltages right "they will be different for different setups". The main problem you will have to consider is the temperature; being a 65nm chip its gonna get hot pretty fast. Just start out a good base like 3.0ghz and see what ur temps are there + get your voltages right to stable it and then you can work from there.
  6. thanks lads apreciated ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking Core Processors