upgrading my hard drive

phoenix777

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I just got my tax return money and I thought I might spent some of it to upgrade my hard drive... :p

First of all, I want to get a small capacity SSD to hold my OS. What other softwares should I put on a SSD so fully take advantage of it?

I currently have two 500GB HDD, and I thought I can put them in RAID 0. I have an Asus P6T motherboard, I believe it has RAID built in. The RAID HDD can hold my games and stuff. If I ever run out of space, I can just get another 1TB HDD.

What are your thoughts? Thanks

Solution
The SSDs are all priced too high - for the OS (Win 7 64-bit) and a few games, I would prefer a 32 to 40 GB SSD.

The RAID setup sounds like a great idea! In RAID0, (striping), if one disk fails, all of the data on the array will be lost.

I have my data set up on 2 disks in RAID1 (mirroring) - The contents of each disk in the array are identical to that of the other disks in the array.

Go with RAID1 (minimum 2 disks required).
The SSDs are all priced too high - for the OS (Win 7 64-bit) and a few games, I would prefer a 32 to 40 GB SSD.

The RAID setup sounds like a great idea! In RAID0, (striping), if one disk fails, all of the data on the array will be lost.

I have my data set up on 2 disks in RAID1 (mirroring) - The contents of each disk in the array are identical to that of the other disks in the array.

Go with RAID1 (minimum 2 disks required).

Solution