Which wireless router is right for me?

Kurios777

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I'm looking to buy a router that can keep up with 4 college students. We all game online, usually at the same time, and we've been having issues with our current router disconnecting all of us, wired and wireless, forcing us to restart the router and usually screwing up whatever we were doing. Currently we are using a Netgear WNDR3300 wireless N router, which was fine when there was only 1 or 2 of us, but when we have 4 or more people all playing an online game at the same time it just can't keep up. Any suggestions?

G

I suggest you purchase a wireless access point from the following link http://www.air802.com/indoor-access-point-router-bridge/ This is the highest powered and most reliable unit I have used. I connect with my home network three laptops, two towers, Tivo (download movies), print server and Logitech internet radios for audio streaming all at the same time with very little degradation in service. This is a very reliable unit and it only costs $134 or $94 depending on the metal or plastic enclosure. I will be buying a second unit to extend the range for the pool area. Highly recommended, great security and configuration flexibility.