Tags:
  • Memory
  • DDR2
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Memory
March 12, 2009 9:33:26 PM

I am in desperate need of 2GB single sided ddr2 sticks

I cant seem to find these anywhere though

my motherboard supports up to 8GB but only if they are single sided..otherwise it is 4GB.

Thanks!

More about : 2gb single sided ddr2

March 12, 2009 11:40:13 PM

If you go to one of the major memory manufacturer web sites, such as www.crucial.com or www.corsair.com, the sites will have online "memory configurators". Once you fill in the details of your motherboard model number, the site will tell you which modules will work in your system (this should be guaranteed!).
December 6, 2009 3:18:20 PM

Is single sided DDR 2 memory still an open issue? I have ASUS P5QL-EM Mb and want 8 GB of memory. Has a solution been discovered?
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2009 4:39:46 PM

ASUS specs for P5QL-EM are incorrect. This board/chipset has no such limitation about using single-sided DIMMs (four ranks total).

Intel P43/G43 has the same memory support as P45/G45; up to 16GB using four double-sided DIMMs. Intel's own P43/G43 boards with four DIMM slots support up to 8GB or 16GB using four double-sided DIMMs.

If you look at the specs for all other ASUS P43/G43 models with four DIMM slots, they don't have this 'four side' limit. So it was some kind of error on the part of ASUS when creating the marketing specs for this model.

I posted a message about this last week on ASUS Forums (feedback for website section) but nobody has replied or seen it.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2010 10:00:47 PM

asus mb P5QL-EM accepts 2 double sided modules or one double sided plus 2 single sided or 4 single sided
the specs for P5QL-EM are correct
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2010 1:57:32 AM

Wrong. The P5QL-EM specs state the board is LIMITED or RESTRICTED to these configurations:

**Due to chipset limitation, this motherboard only supports up to the total of 4 ranks (4 sides in total) of RAM at max.

The stated LIMITATION is correct for the Intel G31/P31 and Intel P41/G41, NOT the P43/G43. The board and chipset support up to a total of 8 ranks (eight sides in total) of RAM, just as the other P43/G43 boards from ASUS (and other companies) do.
October 27, 2010 11:06:08 AM

tcsenter said:
Wrong. The P5QL-EM specs state the board is LIMITED or RESTRICTED to these configurations:

**Due to chipset limitation, this motherboard only supports up to the total of 4 ranks (4 sides in total) of RAM at max.

The stated LIMITATION is correct for the Intel G31/P31 and Intel P41/G41, NOT the P43/G43. The board and chipset support up to a total of 8 ranks (eight sides in total) of RAM, just as the other P43/G43 boards from ASUS (and other companies) do.

I have a P5QL-EM and simply doesn't boot if you plug more then 4 ranks of memory. So the usable combinations are 1R+1R+1R+1R or 2R+1R+1R or 2R+2R.

I havent't found usable 2gb sticks (single sided) yet...

Bye!

Ps:Sorry for Eng, not used to... ;) 
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2010 8:19:11 PM

This is strange, since no other P43/G43 boards have this limitation (and the P43/G43 chipset does not have this limitation, either, according to Intel's own technical specs). I am wondering if ASUS actually used a P41 chipset in this board or just re-used a PCB designed for P41 without any modifications or changes.

Its not a limitation of the P43/G43 chipset, so it can only be a limit imposed by ASUS design.
!