His 4850 - Problems with poor quality .avi etc. playback

G

I recently upgraded from a 8800GTS (320MB) to a His 4850 (512MB) card - the new card has been running great and have had no problems playing any games - overall very happy with the card. However, I do have one issue. When playing films (mostly in .avi format) the quality is very poor compared to my Nvidia card - the horizontal lines are very clear (almost like they are moving at different speeds) making any fast paced movie virtually impossible to watch. Has anybody else experienced this problem and been able to solve it? Feedback would be very much appreciated.

I am running the latest version drivers 8.11.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
Don't be too hasty to blame the drivers or the card. What you're describing sounds more like a codec issue or settings in the CCC.

Make sure you go the video tab in the CCC and check the settings. Make sure pull-down detection is on and all settings are correct.

What program are you using to play back video?

avtoby

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
I have the same issue. I have the lines across the video to0.
I have a Asus GeForce 9600GT 512MB Silent graphic card.
the computer was built by Puget, who did a great job and are looking into
the issue also.

I have both monitors in clone mode. But I can't seam to control both the monitor and the video projector at the same time when I use the video image setting in the control panel of Nivida. Can anyone help?

Toby