Hair Downloads?

Has anyone made any changes to the hair? Not recolors, but complete
alterations? the hair styles are so basic and blah.

Thanks in advance

=// Christine //=

fanfiction.bitter-rain.net
[New] HP Fanfiction Archive

Is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye?
14 answers Last reply
More about hair downloads

    Once people have the ability to import meshes into the game, then perhaps
    new hair will show up. Until then I am afraid we have to deal with what is
    there now and recolors.

    "Fabala the green" <angelicpsychox0@aol.comFiYErO> wrote in message
    > Has anyone made any changes to the hair? Not recolors, but complete
    > alterations? the hair styles are so basic and blah.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > =// Christine //=
    >
    > fanfiction.bitter-rain.net
    > [New] HP Fanfiction Archive
    >
    > Is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye?

    I downloaded some really nice ones at http://www.pronupsims.net/
    they have super nice free stuff

    Also some nice hair can be downloaded at TSR but they charge you
    and I really want my subscription back...
    but alas....damn bills...

    --
    - D

    > Once people have the ability to import meshes into the game, then perhaps
    > new hair will show up. Until then I am afraid we have to deal with what
    > is
    > there now and recolors.
    >
    > "Fabala the green" <angelicpsychox0@aol.comFiYErO> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone made any changes to the hair? Not recolors, but complete
    >> alterations? the hair styles are so basic and blah.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> =// Christine //=
    >>
    >> fanfiction.bitter-rain.net
    >> [New] HP Fanfiction Archive
    >>
    >> Is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye?

    > Once people have the ability to import meshes into the game, then perhaps
    > new hair will show up. Until then I am afraid we have to deal with what
    > is
    > there now and recolors.

    It is possible to 'trim' the current hair styles. Tidy up fringes, chop bits
    out, etc, but it is a major pain in the neck to work out which bit of the
    template goes where.

    I remember an excellent web tutorial which explained how to do this using
    alpha channels, overlays and such, but never saved it and can't find it
    again 8(
    Any help here would be gratefully received.

    I have to admit the modern 'tatty' women's hair styles make me foam at the
    mouth a bit.

    Granny.

    Fabala the green wrote:
    > Has anyone made any changes to the hair? Not recolors, but complete
    > alterations? the hair styles are so basic and blah.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > =// Christine //=
    >
    > fanfiction.bitter-rain.net
    > [New] HP Fanfiction Archive
    >
    > Is that all good deeds are when looked at with an ice cold eye?

    This site http://www.pronupsims.net/ has some nice styles for download
    in different shades.

    ali

    Is this the one. http://members.fortunecity.com/lpx/tutorials/hair.html

    --
    ----Sandra
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

    "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> I remember an excellent web tutorial which explained how to do this
    >> using alpha channels, overlays and such, but never saved it and can't
    >> find it again 8(
    >> Any help here would be gratefully received.
    >>
    >> I have to admit the modern 'tatty' women's hair styles make me foam
    >> at the mouth a bit.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > Is this the one. http://members.fortunecity.com/lpx/tutorials/hair.html

    That's the baby!! Very good, it is. 8)))

    The only tip I can pass on is using the 'smudge' tool, very fine along the
    edges of a scissor cut straight edge to soften the blow. A sort of
    zigg-zaggy movement along the line of hair; bring a bit out, push a bit in,
    if you SWIM.

    I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the male side,
    by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use only? Must try.
    Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    And a nice pink bow?

    Granny.

    Granny Crabapple wrote:

    > That's the baby!! Very good, it is. 8)))
    >
    > The only tip I can pass on is using the 'smudge' tool, very fine
    > along the edges of a scissor cut straight edge to soften the blow. A
    > sort of zigg-zaggy movement along the line of hair; bring a bit out,
    > push a bit in, if you SWIM.
    >
    > I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the male
    > side, by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use only?
    > Must try. Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    > And a nice pink bow?
    >
    > Granny.

    I think people have tried that,(renaming long hair for mens mesh) and it
    seems that the skull looks wrong or doesn't fit right ,something like that,
    I think Sim males have bigger heads than lady Sims, (who'da thought it)
    I like the way you can style your new Avators hair on the main Sims2 site,
    why couldn't we do that with our Sims2 hair in CAS.

    --

    >> I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the male
    >> side, by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use only?
    >> Must try. Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    >> And a nice pink bow?
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > I think people have tried that,(renaming long hair for mens mesh) and it
    > seems that the skull looks wrong or doesn't fit right ,something like
    > that,

    That figures... The next step is to wonder if you can... no, that wouldn;t
    work either. Hmmmm...

    > I think Sim males have bigger heads than lady Sims, (who'da thought it)

    8))))) No comment but a smirk, and nod of the head.

    > I like the way you can style your new Avators hair on the main Sims2 site,
    > why couldn't we do that with our Sims2 hair in CAS.

    You have lost me. I hardly ever go and look at what is happening. Must do
    so.
    What is CAS ?

    Granny

    Granny Crabapple wrote:
    > "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the
    >>> male side, by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use
    >>> only?
    >>> Must try. Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    >>> And a nice pink bow?
    >>>
    >>> Granny.
    >>
    >> I think people have tried that,(renaming long hair for mens mesh)
    >> and it seems that the skull looks wrong or doesn't fit right
    >> ,something like that,
    >
    > That figures... The next step is to wonder if you can... no, that
    > wouldn;t work either. Hmmmm...
    >
    >> I think Sim males have bigger heads than lady Sims, (who'da thought
    >> it)
    >
    > 8))))) No comment but a smirk, and nod of the head.
    >

    >> I like the way you can style your new Avators hair on the main Sims2
    >> site, why couldn't we do that with our Sims2 hair in CAS.
    >>
    > You have lost me. I hardly ever go and look at what is happening.
    > Must do so.
    > What is CAS ?
    >
    > Granny

    CAS= Create A Sim in the game, (the screen where you make your Sims), and if
    you have a simpage on the main Sims2 site, they have new Avatars (those
    little things that are supposed to depict you, me, and anyone else using
    them), you can tweak around, and the hair can be lengthened widened?
    highened? shortened, and all sorts, get thee hence over there and have a
    mess about, I'm talking the US site http://thesims2.ea.com/ it's on the
    front page "Create- An-Avatar, I don't use the UK site much I prefer the US
    one, they seem to have more stuff'n such.
    PS I'll post a pic in the binaries of my Avatar, so you can see what I mean.

    --
    ----Sandra
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

    I shouldn't think so because you can't reassign the mesh.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I remember an excellent web tutorial which explained how to do this
    > >> using alpha channels, overlays and such, but never saved it and can't
    > >> find it again 8(
    > >> Any help here would be gratefully received.
    > >>
    > >> I have to admit the modern 'tatty' women's hair styles make me foam
    > >> at the mouth a bit.
    > >>
    > >> Granny.
    > >
    > > Is this the one. http://members.fortunecity.com/lpx/tutorials/hair.html
    > >
    > That's the baby!! Very good, it is. 8)))
    >
    > The only tip I can pass on is using the 'smudge' tool, very fine along the
    > edges of a scissor cut straight edge to soften the blow. A sort of
    > zigg-zaggy movement along the line of hair; bring a bit out, push a bit
    in,
    > if you SWIM.
    >
    > I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the male
    side,
    > by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use only? Must try.
    > Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    > And a nice pink bow?
    >
    > Granny.

    Yeah - but that avatar's are only 2D - it's much harder to do in 3D.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > CAS= Create A Sim in the game, (the screen where you make your Sims), and
    if
    > you have a simpage on the main Sims2 site, they have new Avatars (those
    > little things that are supposed to depict you, me, and anyone else using
    > them), you can tweak around, and the hair can be lengthened widened?
    > highened? shortened, and all sorts, get thee hence over there and have a
    > mess about, I'm talking the US site http://thesims2.ea.com/ it's on the
    > front page "Create- An-Avatar, I don't use the UK site much I prefer the
    US
    > one, they seem to have more stuff'n such.
    > PS I'll post a pic in the binaries of my Avatar, so you can see what I
    mean.

    > --
    > ----Sandra
    > Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

    "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:sSaEd.86502>> What is CAS ?

    >> Granny
    >
    > CAS= Create A Sim in the game,

    Got you. 8) Okay. I am with you now.

    (the screen where you make your Sims), and if
    > you have a simpage on the main Sims2 site, they have new Avatars (those
    > little things that are supposed to depict you, me, and anyone else using
    > them), you can tweak around, and the hair can be lengthened widened?
    > highened? shortened, and all sorts, get thee hence over there and have a
    > mess about, I'm talking the US site http://thesims2.ea.com/ it's on the
    > front page "Create- An-Avatar, I don't use the UK site much I prefer the
    > US
    > one, they seem to have more stuff'n such.
    > PS I'll post a pic in the binaries of my Avatar, so you can see what I
    > mean.

    I can see why you feel aggrieved now and I agree.
    Sometimes the Sims in Bosyshop and CAS run amuck. I grew a couple to move
    into the Gingerbread House. Mr & Mrs Honeybun. I made the heads very round
    and fat with small smiling eyes, fat cheeks, little hooter and moved the
    mouth up leaving a large area of double chins. They 'looked' good. Middle
    aged, not young adult looking and very jolly.
    Then I moved them into the game.
    Ugh.

    The mouth area was completely wrong because when they smiled, the appearing
    teeth did not move with the mouth. Made your flesh creep it did. I have a
    shot of Hilda Honeybun who has a mouthfull of tombstones and poor Harry...
    Well, his teeth stuck out halfway down his chin.

    I decided to leave the house empty. I have a lot of teens growing up. one of
    them can move in. 8(

    I know there are a lot of animation movements in the face, and when you
    think about it, most of the time they are too small to see. But it would be
    nice to have a really good fine-tuning face studio. Body shop is pretty
    good, though. Don;t get me wrong. I just warp my faces too much, perhaps. I
    am lucky the Simpsons animate okay.

    Granny.

    >>> I remember an excellent web tutorial which explained how to do this
    >>> using alpha channels, overlays and such, but never saved it and can't
    >>> find it again 8(
    >>> Any help here would be gratefully received.
    >>>
    >>> I have to admit the modern 'tatty' women's hair styles make me foam
    >>> at the mouth a bit.
    >>>
    >>> Granny.
    >>
    >> Is this the one. http://members.fortunecity.com/lpx/tutorials/hair.html
    >>
    > That's the baby!! Very good, it is. 8)))

    Checking it again, I don;t think it is the tutorial I remember. Never mind.
    I have the basics under my belt. Now it's just a case of actually completing
    something instead of fiddling and giggling at bald patches and bad cuts.

    Granny.

    I have long hair for guys modelled from that feathered girls hair..
    you know...long..
    I wanted to make a Soul Calibur family and that hair was for Siegfried (aka
    Nightmare)
    but alas...I still haven't found decent white short with purple highlights
    for Ivy Valentine although she exists in my game.

    ps. I got the long male hair from TSR back when I had a subscription
    --
    - D
    "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I shouldn't think so because you can't reassign the mesh.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> > Is this the one. http://members.fortunecity.com/lpx/tutorials/hair.html
    >> >
    >> That's the baby!! Very good, it is. 8)))
    >>
    >> The only tip I can pass on is using the 'smudge' tool, very fine along
    >> the
    >> edges of a scissor cut straight edge to soften the blow. A sort of
    >> zigg-zaggy movement along the line of hair; bring a bit out, push a bit
    > in,
    >> if you SWIM.
    >>
    >> I have suddenly wondered if you can pass a long-hair over to the male
    > side,
    >> by deleting a custom one and renaming it for male use only? Must try.
    >> Perhaps. My Klingons need long waves and ringlets. 8(((
    >> And a nice pink bow?
    >>
    >> Granny.

Hewlett Packard Video Games