LOW 3mark Score!!?!?!? with 9800 gx2

panacuba

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Okey im i jsut got my new evga stock 9800 gx2 and im getting 12k on 3dmark, i used the stock settings and all but thas mys core.

My build is : amd x2 6400 3.2, 4gb DDDR2 etc etc etc and of course a gx2

let me attach one pic so you can see
panacubgx23dmark.jpg

From what I've read from a couple of reviews, I think your CPU is probably holding you back on the score. You know this is just a benchmarking program, right? Real world applications your not going to see a whole lot of difference if your 3dMark06 score goes from 12k to 14k or so, right? Is there a problem with your gaming??

panacuba

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
yeah i think my cpu is bottlenecking my beanchmark, in the real gaming performance this is flying low(awsome), but thnx i will take the probalby of cpu bottleneck so i maybe upgrade to a phenom 9950 maybe that helps a lil bit

I wouldn't bet on the 9950 unlocking more from your benchmarks. Your already at 3.2 gHz and dropping down to a 2.6 gHz quad isn't going to do much for your benchmark scores. Yes it will help some parts of it, but realistically your really not going to get loads of score changes. If your upgrading to get better benchmarks, than your upgrading for the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong, the 9950 is a good chip, just don't expect the moon when upgrading from your existing CPU. The 9950 will help out in CPU intensive programs, but when it comes to 99% of games you'll probably not change much, if at all.