Compare Results Post Stats ! What do you think of my build ?

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Ive been overclocking for about a week. I want to see what people think of my build and my overclock. I spent 1400.00 for this Computer from Cyberpower. I have re-ran my wires overclocked and made some mods.

Case- NZXT M59
Mobo- ASUS P6T SE
Processor- Core I7 920 - Overclocked to 3.8
RAM- 6 GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 (running at about 1555)
Video Card- XFX HD 5850 - Overclocked (GPU 950 MHz)- (Memory 1150MHz)
Hard Drive- Kingston SSD 64Gb
PSU- ATX 700w

3D Mark- P18685 (GPU-17209) (CPU25160)
I think i have made a great buy here what do you think ?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Your Intel i7 920 Bloomfield is at 3.8Ghz? That is a very good overclock. I would like to know which stepping it is and which HSF you are using for it as well as thermal paste. Your GPU overclock is also pretty good. Which Resolution do you game at?

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Yea its a Bloomfield I don't know why its called that vs something else ? - I just followed some tips on threads to where to set my voltages and settings. I don't know what stepping is, if you tell me how to look I can tell you. I tried to post pics of my GPU-Z and my CPU-Z, but i cant put them up here I don't think?
I just started testing Crysis Warhead it ran really turned all the way up. I ran it at 1680x1050. The Thermal Paste is whatever Cyberpowerpc used. I figured i might look into redoing the paste before to long to check it. BTW my 3D mark scores are on slightly higher OC's

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
^Yes you can put up pictures. Just get a screenshot software (if you have win7 you will have a built in tool called snippet or something in accessories). Just take a snapshot of it and upload the pics here via tinypic.com or postimage.org. They are image hosters. :)

To see your stepping it should be in CPU-Z. Its either C0 or D0. Its should say it under Stepping/Revision i think. I'll post a pic if you cant find it.

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Ok got that stuff im gonna try to post my pics. Check out my Windows scores =)
Whats HSF ? Do you think my Thermal Past will hold ? How often should i check or change the paste ?

261ztac.png

2s0olcw.png

2bczkn.png

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Ah, nice. In CPU-Z see where it says Revision? It says D0. HSF means heat-sink-fan or in otherwards you CPu cooler basically. What is your thermal paste? And unless you need to take your cooler off or your CPU out...just leave your thermal paste. As long as temps are good there is nothing to worry about it IMO. BTW in my windows score i have a 7.7 or 7.8 in everything except my GPU which is old (8800GTS 640MB) and it brings me down to a 6.9 :( Once i upgrade to a DX11 nvidia card then we'll see how good it is.

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Sweet what hard drive setup do you use ?? I have 1 ssd I thought I might eventually upgrate to raid 0 on my ssd's. Dx 11 ? What do I have on my 5850 dx 10 ? I would really like to see my windows hsrddrive score up to where the rest is.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I have an Intel X25-M 80GB G2. And don't worry about windows score...ignore it, the only thing that little peice of insignificant software will do is force u to spend more money and stress over it. If your computer works fine and you like it...then enjoy it and like it :)

natefostersr

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Hey regardless that looks like a nice hard drive! Good ratings still count when its only a matter of a few bucks smart decisions mean better resale. I should have built this computer myself because Im a little lacking in the hard drive and psu but over all pretty happy. Im fighting with Cyberpower about replacing my psu. Maybe I can get them to refund me the $ for my SSD and pick up a new one. Now im going to start working on using my old 8800 gt as a physics card.