TS2 - Blue (as in blank blue) objects

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

I must have hit some limit in the game. A lot of my downloads are turning
bright blue. I can "use" them, but they're invisible.

any clues???? fixes???
TIA
--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you downloaded the color enabler ?

~Deborah~ wrote:

> "NorthernKat" wrote:
>
>>Have you downloaded the color enabler ?
>

> I'm not deb, but...
>
> I'm having the same problem, only it seems to be just one item in each
> category (one in chairs, one in couches, etc.).
>
> And yes, I have the colour-enabler installed.
>
> ~Deborah~

Oh oh... I noticed this the other day, too. I thought it was just a bad
recolour and deleted it. It was probably something really nice, too :(

I wonder what the magic number is? And whether it's number of downloads or
size of memory...

Mary

"NorthernKat" <NorthernKat@nospamlivin-it-up.net> wrote in message
> Have you downloaded the color enabler ?

Color Enabler? Where do I get that?

"Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "NorthernKat" <NorthernKat@nospamlivin-it-up.net> wrote in message
>> Have you downloaded the color enabler ?
>
> Color Enabler? Where do I get that?

Never mind, I found it. Thanks.

> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "NorthernKat" <NorthernKat@nospamlivin-it-up.net> wrote in message
>>> Have you downloaded the color enabler ?
>>
>> Color Enabler? Where do I get that?
>>
> Never mind, I found it. Thanks.
>

>>> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
>>> turning

Nope, I have the color enabler. The blue items seem to show up in just
about all catagories except walls and floors. I ended up cleaning out and
deleting a lot of stuff I'd downloaded but don't really like (read UGLY!!).
That didn't help, so I deleted the blue stuff. I'm thinking that the files
are corrupt in some way(??).

I wish we could delete some of the Maxis stuff. Whoever designed some of it
has "odd" taste! ;-)

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Size of memory

Maxon wrote:

> Size of memory
>

> "Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote in message
>
>>Oh oh... I noticed this the other day, too. I thought it was just a bad
>>recolour and deleted it. It was probably something really nice, too :(
>>
>>I wonder what the magic number is? And whether it's number of downloads
>>or size of memory...

Ah, thank you. I did wonder.

> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "NorthernKat" <NorthernKat@nospamlivin-it-up.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Color Enabler? Where do I get that?
> >>
> > Never mind, I found it. Thanks.

> Nope, I have the color enabler. The blue items seem to show up in just
> about all catagories except walls and floors. I ended up cleaning out and
> deleting a lot of stuff I'd downloaded but don't really like (read
UGLY!!).
> That didn't help, so I deleted the blue stuff. I'm thinking that the
files
> are corrupt in some way(??).
>
> I wish we could delete some of the Maxis stuff. Whoever designed some of
it
> has "odd" taste! ;-)
>
> --
> deb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

I was just reading about this on Mod the Sims2--evidently if you 1) have the
patch installed and 2) rename a recolored object package after it's been
made with the CEP files, it corrupts the package in some way and the object
turns blue.

The good news is that it has nothing to do with reaching a object limit in
the game, and nothing to do with memory. :)

The fix is to use SimPe to export the graphics from the corrupted file and
then create a new package file using Object Workshop. Import the graphics
into the new package and, as long as you don't rename it, it should work
fine.

Hope that's not too confusing; it's late here and I'm tired...LOL!

HTH, Lucy

Mary

> Nope, I have the color enabler. The blue items seem to show up in just
> about all catagories except walls and floors. I ended up cleaning out and
> deleting a lot of stuff I'd downloaded but don't really like (read
> UGLY!!). That didn't help, so I deleted the blue stuff. I'm thinking that
> the files are corrupt in some way(??).
>
> I wish we could delete some of the Maxis stuff. Whoever designed some of
> it has "odd" taste! ;-)
>
> --
> deb
> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

Yeh, I still get the blue even with the color enabler. The post by "hey
lucy!" contains some interesting info..

TRENDING THREADS