Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Paging Mr Sage!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:45:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be eaten.

http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/si...

Granny.

More about : paging sage

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:45:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:45:05 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
<plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be eaten.
>
>http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/si...

That's a hoot. Too bad there's no Sims 2 version of the gingerbread
man and woman I have for Sims 1. They lived in a cookie house, though
I never actually played it.

BW
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:46:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Crabapple wrote:
> You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be eaten.
>
> http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/si...
>
> Granny.
>
>

That is an adorable house, Granny C! :) 

(Not that this message was addressed to me, but couldn't help poking my nose in
:)  )
Related resources
January 9, 2005 12:10:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Do you mean me Granny?
Whoever... that is an adorable house... You Never cease to Amaze me!
Now I'm curious as to who you'll allow to live in it. You have some good
ideas but do you have the skins? Let us know who the family is when you
decide.
Thanks for sharing!
Sage (female--hehe)

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:5eTDd.6057$GG1.1250@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be
> eaten.
>
> http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/si...
>
> Granny.
>
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 12:45:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Katiya" <katiyaNO@SPAMhotmail.THANKScom> wrote in message
news:zUVDd.17863$Xk.16974@pd7tw3no...
>
>
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>> You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be
>> eaten.
>>
>> http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wumpus/sim/si...
>>
>> Granny.
>
> That is an adorable house, Granny C! :) 

It's silly, isn't it? 8)) And MURDER to design a kitchen in an small
octagon.

I did a bigger one. Went bananas and tore it to shreds, then started
building touching cubes, the sort of ultimate modular house where a room can
be added for later expansion. Windows on all four sides of a room?
Anyway. The house got bigger, and bigger... and in the end I moved in a
saved Simpson family PLUS Mr Burns, and I was so busy arranging the
furniture in bedrooms and living areas I forgot to add anything in the large
room off the entrance hall which has four doors on the corners. So.. Now it
contains a mirror and three easels, and nothing else and they all went
swarming in there to stare at the easels and started jumping about and
cheering... They make me sick sometimes.

So I flattened the roof, and added about four outside stairs and a rail all
round everything planted trees therein and it is a right mess now.
But the roof is a good place to race little red cars thanks to the walkways,
linked roofs and all that.
>
> (Not that this message was addressed to me, but couldn't help poking my
> nose in :)  )

Oh, poke away, as the actress, said etc. etc. etc.

Granny - slightly hysterical tonight.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:05:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:C%XDd.1471$KJ2.1363@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Do you mean me Granny?
> Whoever... that is an adorable house... You Never cease to Amaze me!
> Now I'm curious as to who you'll allow to live in it. You have some good
> ideas but do you have the skins?

Whooo? Whoever, I will have to get them a chocolate machine, won;t I?

Let us know who the family is when you
> decide.
> Thanks for sharing!
> Sage (female--hehe)

Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of the...
Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and onion
stuffing?'

Granny.
>
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:05:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10u0bsdqfiq1d7a@corp.supernews.com...
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:45:05 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
> <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You have a daft sense of humour. I have designed a house that can be
>>eaten.
>>
>
> That's a hoot. Too bad there's no Sims 2 version of the gingerbread
> man and woman I have for Sims 1.

REALLY? !!! 8))))))

They lived in a cookie house, though
> I never actually played it.
>
Lawks, is there an idea that hasn't been imported into Sims 1?
I am toying with a spiral shaped house now. Flat one, naturally.

I liked the glass walls and floors in Sim 1. You could go mad with those.

Granny... when will be able to recolour the roofs?
January 9, 2005 2:39:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p OYDd.6350$GG1.3069@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:C%XDd.1471$KJ2.1363@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> Do you mean me Granny?
>> Whoever... that is an adorable house... You Never cease to Amaze me!
>> Now I'm curious as to who you'll allow to live in it. You have some good
>> ideas but do you have the skins?
>
> Whooo? Whoever, I will have to get them a chocolate machine, won;t I?
>
> Let us know who the family is when you
>> decide.
>> Thanks for sharing!
>> Sage (female--hehe)
>
> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of the...
> Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and onion
> stuffing?'

Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert? Don't know if
it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
(Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/
Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
Sage (F)

> Granny.
>>
>
>
January 9, 2005 5:22:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

There was a lovely girl in my yr 10 science class who was named Sage
very fragile looking thing
She didn't last long
I went to an all girls Catholic high school
sometimes I wonder how the hell I lasted till the end
lol
(shudder)
So I always knew Sage was a pretty name ....for a girl!
:) 
--
- D
"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:o a_Dd.1589$KJ2.1560@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:p OYDd.6350$GG1.3069@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> news:C%XDd.1471$KJ2.1363@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>> Do you mean me Granny?
>>> Whoever... that is an adorable house... You Never cease to Amaze me!
>>> Now I'm curious as to who you'll allow to live in it. You have some good
>>> ideas but do you have the skins?
>>
>> Whooo? Whoever, I will have to get them a chocolate machine, won;t I?
>>
>> Let us know who the family is when you
>>> decide.
>>> Thanks for sharing!
>>> Sage (female--hehe)
>>
>> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of the...
>> Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and onion
>> stuffing?'
>
> Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert? Don't know
> if it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
> (Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/
> Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
> Sage (F)
>
>> Granny.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
January 9, 2005 5:53:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:Iz0Ed.111180$K7.32757@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> There was a lovely girl in my yr 10 science class who was named Sage
> very fragile looking thing
> She didn't last long
> I went to an all girls Catholic high school
> sometimes I wonder how the hell I lasted till the end
> lol
> (shudder)
> So I always knew Sage was a pretty name ....for a girl!
> :) 

Thank You... I think it's pretty too and I love living in the desert. I'm
not fragile but my doctor always calls me 'petite', though I'm 5'6"... Small
bones I guess. ;-o
It always surprises me because I FEEL tall!
Sage
> --
> - D
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:o a_Dd.1589$KJ2.1560@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>> message news:p OYDd.6350$GG1.3069@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>
>>> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>> news:C%XDd.1471$KJ2.1363@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>>> Do you mean me Granny?
>>>> Whoever... that is an adorable house... You Never cease to Amaze me!
>>>> Now I'm curious as to who you'll allow to live in it. You have some
>>>> good ideas but do you have the skins?
>>>
>>> Whooo? Whoever, I will have to get them a chocolate machine, won;t I?
>>>
>>> Let us know who the family is when you
>>>> decide.
>>>> Thanks for sharing!
>>>> Sage (female--hehe)
>>>
>>> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of
>>> the... Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and
>>> onion stuffing?'
>>
>> Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert? Don't know
>> if it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
>> (Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/
>> Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
>> Sage (F)
>>
>>> Granny.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:36:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:o a_Dd.1589$KJ2.1560@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>

>>> Sage (female--hehe)
>>
>> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of the...
>> Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and onion
>> stuffing?'
>
> Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert?

Doh! I never thought of that! I really thought it was a name indicative of
age and segacity. 8)))
A venerable silver-haired elderly gent, smoking a pipe and nodding, wisely.
You do realise that I am fixated on that image now, don't you?

It was like 'D' who I thought was a young man. And Madame Mim, a name
imediately brings up a picture of a rather fluffy, nice middle aged lady.
The sort that bustle about being kind, and wear layers and layers of
hand-woven or 'artistic' clothes, shawls. And has ten cats.

..Don't know if
> it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
> (Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/


> Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
> Sage (F)
>
None of them, now.... 8(

Granny.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:36:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:K01Ed.1167$C52.98@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>

>> So I always knew Sage was a pretty name ....for a girl!
>> :) 
>
> Thank You... I think it's pretty too and I love living in the desert. I'm
> not fragile but my doctor always calls me 'petite', though I'm 5'6"...
> Small bones I guess. ;-o
> It always surprises me because I FEEL tall!
> Sage

<nods> Five-six is a good height. Another two inches and you will be reach
'ideal' height..

I have just checked 'Sage' in a name-book I have here but it isn't in... 8(
I added it, and noted: 'from the brush, not the stuffing.'
Saw with interest that 'Samantha' is a biblical name. I never knew that!
Gosh.

GCA
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:19:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Four cats, and I'm not quite middle-aged yet, and I wear as little as
possible thankyou - especially in the summer time. BG

MM



"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:N95Ed.6525$GG1.48@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:o a_Dd.1589$KJ2.1560@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> >
>
> >>> Sage (female--hehe)
> >>
> >> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of
the...
> >> Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and onion
> >> stuffing?'
> >
> > Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert?
>
> Doh! I never thought of that! I really thought it was a name indicative of
> age and segacity. 8)))
> A venerable silver-haired elderly gent, smoking a pipe and nodding,
wisely.
> You do realise that I am fixated on that image now, don't you?
>
> It was like 'D' who I thought was a young man. And Madame Mim, a name
> imediately brings up a picture of a rather fluffy, nice middle aged lady.
> The sort that bustle about being kind, and wear layers and layers of
> hand-woven or 'artistic' clothes, shawls. And has ten cats.
>
> .Don't know if
> > it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
> > (Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/
>
>
> > Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
> > Sage (F)
> >
> None of them, now.... 8(
>
> Granny.
>
>
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 5:33:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

D wrote:
> There was a lovely girl in my yr 10 science class who was named Sage
> very fragile looking thing
> She didn't last long

Please elabourate!! LOL

----Sandra
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
January 9, 2005 11:27:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:N95Ed.6526$GG1.859@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:K01Ed.1167$C52.98@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>
>
>>> So I always knew Sage was a pretty name ....for a girl!
>>> :) 
>>
>> Thank You... I think it's pretty too and I love living in the desert. I'm
>> not fragile but my doctor always calls me 'petite', though I'm 5'6"...
>> Small bones I guess. ;-o
>> It always surprises me because I FEEL tall!
>> Sage
>
> <nods> Five-six is a good height. Another two inches and you will be
> reach 'ideal' height..
>
> I have just checked 'Sage' in a name-book I have here but it isn't in...
> 8(
> I added it, and noted: 'from the brush, not the stuffing.'
> Saw with interest that 'Samantha' is a biblical name. I never knew that!
> Gosh.

hey... we both learned something from your research. I thought Samantha was
'modern' name.
I'm not surprised Sage isn't in a name book, but it IS a name, prolly just
not popular enough for a book of names.
Sage
>
> GCA
>
January 9, 2005 11:28:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:N95Ed.6525$GG1.48@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:o a_Dd.1589$KJ2.1560@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>
>
>>>> Sage (female--hehe)
>>>
>>> Oh, goodie!!! But isn't 'Sage' masculine? Now I have to think of
>>> the... Oh, boo... Is that 'sage' as in 'thinker' or 'sage' as in 'and
>>> onion stuffing?'
>>
>> Can you think "sage brush" the bush that grows in the desert?
>
> Doh! I never thought of that! I really thought it was a name indicative of
> age and segacity. 8)))
> A venerable silver-haired elderly gent, smoking a pipe and nodding,
> wisely.
> You do realise that I am fixated on that image now, don't you?

Please get over it! (The fixation, I mean) I have tried a pipe though,
eeewww!
>
> It was like 'D' who I thought was a young man. And Madame Mim, a name
> imediately brings up a picture of a rather fluffy, nice middle aged lady.
> The sort that bustle about being kind, and wear layers and layers of
> hand-woven or 'artistic' clothes, shawls. And has ten cats.
>
> .Don't know if
>> it would work in Stuffing! Though it does smell good. As for 'thinker'
>> (Thank YOU!) But no... I wish it was. :-/
>
>
>> Wonder how many others think it's masculine???
>> Sage (F)
>>
> None of them, now.... 8(

Thanks to you!
Sage
>
> Granny.
>
January 10, 2005 3:05:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D gbEd.86797$48.53318@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>D wrote:
>> There was a lovely girl in my yr 10 science class who was named Sage
>> very fragile looking thing
>> She didn't last long
>
> Please elabourate!! LOL
>
> ----Sandra
> Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

There were a couple of really mean stupid girls in my class, I hated science
so I was in what they call a "non academic" science class
where all we did was dissect things and learn about chemicals (ew) rather
than make experiments and learn about physics.
Anyways so stupid girls, that means really MEAN ignorant girls (the worst
kind)
and they liked to make every new girl's life a living hell.
From gossiping behind her back that she had too much foundation on, from
stealing her books, from setting her up with a boy from the opposite boys
school who had no interest in her because he was like..really popular and
she was new...well she fell for it and everyone laughed at her.
It was horrible. I ended up talking to her in the toilets once... telling
her how I got humiliated in Religion class by them because I said "Why are
homosexuals not normal? Don't they love each other like heterosexuals?" they
made so much fun of me and called me a dyke. Just because I grew up in a
liberal family that actually believed in Jesus (you know, the love everyone
and help everyone route) rather than the nitty gritty Catholic religious
stuff that says "Your way of life mirrors the bible, and therefore its
correct, and everyone else will burn in hell"
Eep...she was too frail and sensitive so her mother took her out of my
horrible school and put her in a nice one.
My mother wouldn't let me leave the school because she said I was too much
into boys and that was the only reason why I didn't like the school
she didn't believe me when I said "If they could throw stones at me Ma, they
would!"
Ah yes...school tales...I'd like to say thanks for the flashback...but...I'm
drinking vodka as we speak

Cheers!
:) 
- D
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 4:15:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

D wrote:
> "Sanantone" <shys10512@INJECTIFIEDblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D gbEd.86797$48.53318@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> D wrote:
>>> There was a lovely girl in my yr 10 science class who was named Sage
>>> very fragile looking thing
>>> She didn't last long
>>
>> Please elabourate!! LOL
>>
>> ----Sandra
>> Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the
>> subject.
>
> There were a couple of really mean stupid girls in my class, I hated
> science so I was in what they call a "non academic" science class
> where all we did was dissect things and learn about chemicals (ew)
> rather than make experiments and learn about physics.
> Anyways so stupid girls, that means really MEAN ignorant girls (the
> worst kind)
> and they liked to make every new girl's life a living hell.
> From gossiping behind her back that she had too much foundation on,
> from stealing her books, from setting her up with a boy from the
> opposite boys school who had no interest in her because he was
> like..really popular and she was new...well she fell for it and
> everyone laughed at her.
> It was horrible. I ended up talking to her in the toilets once...
> telling her how I got humiliated in Religion class by them because I
> said "Why are homosexuals not normal? Don't they love each other
> like heterosexuals?" they made so much fun of me and called me a
> dyke. Just because I grew up in a liberal family that actually
> believed in Jesus (you know, the love everyone and help everyone
> route) rather than the nitty gritty Catholic religious stuff that
> says "Your way of life mirrors the bible, and therefore its correct,
> and everyone else will burn in hell"
> Eep...she was too frail and sensitive so her mother took her out of my
> horrible school and put her in a nice one.
> My mother wouldn't let me leave the school because she said I was too
> much into boys and that was the only reason why I didn't like the
> school
> she didn't believe me when I said "If they could throw stones at me
> Ma, they would!"
> Ah yes...school tales...I'd like to say thanks for the
> flashback...but...I'm drinking vodka as we speak
>
> Cheers!
> :) 
> - D


Ahh thanks for the explanation, kids can be so cruel, fortunately *most* of
them grow out of it, and go easy on that vodka!!!! save some for me.
'clink' here's lookin' at you kid.

--
----Sandra
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
January 11, 2005 5:17:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Oh it's ok
I only like it with cranberry juice and that's looong gone
hehe

;) 

--
- D -tips over like a cow-

jk!!


> Ahh thanks for the explanation, kids can be so cruel, fortunately *most*
> of
> them grow out of it, and go easy on that vodka!!!! save some for me.
> 'clink' here's lookin' at you kid.
>
> --
> ----Sandra
> Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
>
>
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 5:15:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Driven mad by rendering a object file of 34 megawhatsits in Bryce.. <growl>
I went into Sims2 and found the taxi bug had infected nearly every house. In
a paddy I wiped the lot out. Uninstalled, and cleaned up. Reinstalled (this
is the third time)

Two points.

1) In Body Shop I was thrilled to see 'you are in debug mode and can
access many skins not available...' etc. etc.
I could too!! The bunny rabbit suit. Aliens.. green skins... Had wonderful
choice of giving Ned Flanders a rabbit head hair style.
I decided to save the gang I was working on (Flanders) and return.
The debug option had gone and I couldn;t get it back. Anybody know how to
break into this?

2) I have a furniture placing bug that is driving me crazy. I have read
about this before but where?
Keeps saying 'can't intersect wall/objects when the item is certainly doing
no such thing. Then it flips 90 degs. Bummer.

Jumping back to the taxi bug, the person who phones for transport can't get
in the taxi. I can find no fix for this particular glitch. I am wondering if
over-enthusiastic use of that teleport picture and using a taxi for other
inmates might have mangled the ... the... tags.. stack... the whatsit,
thingy. Whatever.

I have killed any houses I packaged late in my last game. This does not
include The Psycho House Mark II, thank goodness.
All those lovely graves, gone. 8(((

Never mind. Can start again. Decided to use that dump Pleasantview and am
busy moving in residents of Springfield. Mr Mephistopheles Jones and Carmina
to follow later. That should wake the place up a bit.

Granny
!