Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP CPU UPGRADE FOR MY ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 13, 2009 10:46:49 PM

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I CAN UPGRADE MY CPU WITH AN INTEL, I HAVE THE ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM AND THE AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-53 Processor (2412 MHz). I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE SOME THING BETTER FOR HD VIDEO EDITING. PLEASE HELP. THANKS. PLEASE NAME 3.
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
March 13, 2009 11:00:23 PM

The quick answer is "No". You would need to change out your motherboard for one that is Intel based. The A8N-SLI Premium will only accept AMD CPUs that fit socket 939. Have you thought about overclocking or getting a dual core processor? I'm currently running an Opteron-180 dual core(2.4gHz) in mine.
March 13, 2009 11:15:26 PM

I never learned how to overclock. which dual core processor would you recommend for HD video editing?
Related resources
March 13, 2009 11:17:30 PM

clarkjd said:
The quick answer is "No". You would need to change out your motherboard for one that is Intel based. The A8N-SLI Premium will only accept AMD CPUs that fit socket 939. Have you thought about overclocking or getting a dual core processor? I'm currently running an Opteron-180 dual core(2.4gHz) in mine.

Hey clarkjd, check out my configurations and tell me what do you suggest my best upgrade or two?

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-53 Processor (2412 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
DirectX version: 9.0c
GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTX
Driver version: 180.48
Stream processors: 128
Core clock: 576 MHz
Shader clock: 1350 MHz
Memory clock: 900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 384-bit
Memory: 768 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.80.07.00.11
IRQ: 18
Bus: PCI Express x16
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 17, 2009 3:28:22 PM

cruzkntrl said:
Hey clarkjd, check out my configurations and tell me what do you suggest my best upgrade or two?

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-53 Processor (2412 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
DirectX version: 9.0c
GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTX
Driver version: 180.48
Stream processors: 128
Core clock: 576 MHz
Shader clock: 1350 MHz
Memory clock: 900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 384-bit
Memory: 768 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.80.07.00.11
IRQ: 18
Bus: PCI Express x16


Sorry, I just now saw this question. IMHO you have pretty much maxed out your system. You could get a dual core processor, but socket 939 CPUs are hard to find and more expensive than they are worth. I would suggest looking at going to the Intel I7 or AMD Phenom II setups with DDR3 ram. (Course that means new MOBO, CPU, and ram.) Also look at getting a new 64bit OS. You should be able to reuse any optical and hard drives and your Video card and sound card.

Good Luck!
April 18, 2009 1:47:23 AM

No. Completely different sockets and everything. No way it will even physically fit in the same board. Get the Phenom II and be happy.
May 7, 2009 1:03:59 PM

I have just been given a Amd socket AM2+ athlon64 x2 Dual-core 7750 Black edition Processor, will this work in the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium? I am currently running a Single Core Processor 2200Mhz.
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
May 8, 2009 11:49:35 AM

En Sabah Nur...

The A8N-SLI Premium is a socket 939 motherboard and therefore will NOT support any AM2, AM2+, or AM3 socket processors.
September 10, 2009 2:27:23 PM

clarkjd said:
En Sabah Nur...

The A8N-SLI Premium is a socket 939 motherboard and therefore will NOT support any AM2, AM2+, or AM3 socket processors.



Hey there, can you tell me if this (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Processor Socket 939) will work on the The A8N-SLI Premium is a socket 939 motherboard?
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2009 11:02:04 PM

If indeed it is a socket 939 processor, it should work in the A8N-SLI Premium
January 27, 2013 10:20:07 PM

I have a question, do you know what the latest video card that supports A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard soket 939 ..?
!