Help Me Plz Someone Sims 2 Problem

I am having a problem with Sims 2 locking up during the game it used to work
fine then suddenly started playing up I used to get a few hours play out of
the game now as soon as I try to do anything it locks up. I am running
Win2k & sp4 fully updated
Duron 1300 ( also tried with athlon 1700)
256mb DDR ( crucial )
GeForce FX5500 ( 128mb )
Mobo MSI K7N2 Delta ( Nforce2 ultra 400 )
Does anybody know how to sort it out.

Thanks In advance

Kat and baby bump

PS My happy pregnancy relys on Sims 2 it keeps me sane lol
2 answers Last reply
More about help sims problem

    I have just Tested the system found out the video card did not meet the
    requirements ( bit of a bummer as most of the fx range seems to be
    supported )
    I put in now a Gforce 3 that meets the requirements all though the game runs
    alot smoother the game still locks up at random......

    Kat and baby bump

    Kat wrote:
    > I have just Tested the system found out the video card did not meet
    > the requirements ( bit of a bummer as most of the fx range seems to
    be
    > supported )
    > I put in now a Gforce 3 that meets the requirements all though the
    > game runs alot smoother the game still locks up at random......

    Hmmm. Are you sure about that? Your original card, the FX5500, is
    newer than the GeForce 3 by about 2 models. (Basically it's a souped
    up FX5200).

    Both should work, anyway - I have a GeForce 3 and I've never had a
    lockup in the game.

    OTOH the FX5500 is apparently just an overclocked 5200, and AFAIK,
    overclocked video cards can be less stable than non-overclocked ones.

    The only thing I can suggest is that the maybe you need to update
    video drivers (you can get them from www.nvidia.com ).

Sims Games Video Games