Build me a $AU2200 computer - WIN $150 SOFTWARE OF YOUR CHOICE

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hi there guys, I want you to build me a new computer with a max price tag of 2200 Australian Dollars.

My requirements are:
Must have Graphics card, RAM, CPU, 2 x DVD/BR drives, Case, Power Supply, HDD, Card Reader that will fit in 3.5" bay.
Must be able to play GTA IV without lag
Graphics card must support HD
Case must have an e-sata port
Power supply must be able to fit in the case
Case must have at least 1 additional external slot to the drives, so at least 3 in total
Any computer parts must not be made by Asus, AMD, or Sapphire
Must have at least 500GB hard drive and 4GB ram
Must be able to run day to day programs such as Nero, MSN, Firefox, Photoshop, without lag
Absolute maximum is 2200 must NOT go over (including shipping prices to 2165, Australia)
I will be able to pick up parts from Glenfield - Fairfield Region in NSW, Australia
All websites you choose the price tag from must be able to ship to NSW, Australia

As for the reward, I'll buy you any legit software that does not cost you more than $150 - not pirated!. But please, the build has to be good and be able to LAST Note that I am not OC-ing it, and therefore I need it to last at least 2.5 years without any replacements/repairs.

Also, should I wait for the Core i7's or any other uber leet part that is coming out?

Thank you.

PS. Mods please remove this thread if the reward thing is not allowed. Sorry that I am new to the forum.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008

With that, you've already pass your budget...

Get an Xbox

While you're on it, why don't you add ATI, Nvidia and Intel to the list?

Any brands to avoid as the one above??

My Celeron E1200 runs these programs without lag...what about a Pentium D?

Thats for God to decide... might need to go request that on the religious forum as God can only guarantee you that. If you are not OCing.... you'll be behind others in 1 year anyway...

Normally I dont do this... but I have got to say: Maybe its time you start doing your own homework? Seems like you've already got the parts figured out...

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008

2 dvd drives is only 50-100 max.

xbox doesnt play GTA IV, xbox 360 does

because Asus sucks as I have a friend who blew a capacitor 2 days after the warranty on his Asus mobo. AMD sucks as well because several videos on youtube say so and also it is a lot behind because of Intel's core i7.

No, only those brands to avoid for ALL products.

Well if you are going to install a celeron on it obviously GTA IV will lag. I asked for GTA IV to play WITHOUT lag.

I dont care if I will be behind in 1 year, I just want it to last.

I was meant to be getting a computer for 2000, but I managed to push my budget to 2200.

Read more carefully next time mate.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
I'd like to see where this thread leads to... lol
trust me, get a cheap pentium D for your Nero/MSN/Internet and you'll have some left to get an Xbox360.

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
e8400 C2D
750i ftw
4gig's corsair ddr800
750w corsair psu
xfx 9800gt
antec 900 case.
seagate 1tb 07200.11
2 dvd/br drives of whatever brand.
card reader.
Merry xmas. you have a pc lol

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008

I love this... you ask me to read more carefully but you might want to go back and look through what you've written

Gosh.. ask people what do they think of if you say xbox - anyone thinking of the first gen xbox is probably from a jungle.. I own an xbox360 and a PS3.... so I do know what games are on it.

Now, you tell me to read more carefully.. look at your first post - you wanted a BR drive.. as in BLU RAY...

Just because someone blew a capacitor doen't mean its crap. Heck if this was the case, then the xbox360 is crap.. intel is crap as there are those who burnt their chip, the Hyndai is as crappy as a BMW. FYI i7 integrated AMD's technology so to say that AMD suck... you shouldn't even be considering intel then

LOL, you tell me to read your post, yet you haven't read mine... I said get a celeron for your Nero/MSN/Photoshop and buy a xbox 360 for GTA 4 and you'll have some cash left over to get yourself a big screen tv

No one can guarantee you about how long it will last - look at your friend who bought the Asus mainboard - blew the capacitor.... I bought an Antec PSU brand new and it popped the minute I plugged it in. Nothing in this world is perfect especially technology.

the other poster was being sarcastic... if you've read the post well... Merry xmas. you have a pc lol LOL

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I said DVD/BL if you actually could read then there is a slash there and I'm sorry I'm not a rich **** who owns every single gadget there is!
And I said before, I want to avoid those brands. Not the inside technology of them as I'm not that 'pro'

And I don't want xbox360! It sucks, Microsoft sucks. Overheating, RROD problems..

And I know that the world is perfect, no-one is perfect, but at least other major brands have less ratio problems than the other ones.

And listen, I dont want to take this argument any further, your the one that caused the trouble in the first place. If you dont have anything useful to post then dont post! And stop trying to get your post count up.

I will ignore future posts made by you.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

hahaha, wow seriously? I think my favorite is "AMD sucks as well because several videos on youtube say so". Seriously man do some research before coming to a site and asking people to build you a pc (and no, youtube.com doesn't count as research)

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

www.staticice.com.au is a pretty comprehensive site for finding bits an pieces, will list them in lower prices first. Their search engine isn't very good, but if you know what you're looking for, well, better than nothing.

I know of no place for general parts in US that will take an overseas credit card, and the shipping from there is rather high. Not to mention customs, etc.

As to your 'don't use this or this' MFG.... I can understand asus MB's, but why not the others?

Personally, I'd avoid nvidia MB's, but I'd not avoid AMD cpu's or their MB's, or their GPU's.

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008

Saying "All parts in the list must be in this format:" and claiming people will win money by helping you, is properly not the best way to get serious help.

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
AMD GPU's are good, REALLY good. I dont like Nvidia either, they are rather costly.

Oh, I've been on staticice except for that I dont know what to put together, you know what I mean?

And if you have any other sites that are recommended then tell me. Tell me that US site as well.

Thanks for your help mate!

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008

Ok, so do you think I should get rid of it?

Because when people help me, I feel kinda guilty just to say thanks and walk away. So I just decided I wanted to give something.

What do you think I should do then?

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

You see i have been around computers for a while and can tell you that at this point in time i prefer intel processors because of this amazing thing called BENCHMARKS, not youtube videos...
And resorting to personal

And stop trying to get your post count up.

And resorting to personal attacks? Come on now.

Seriously man do some research of your own before you start posting such specific demands about the computer you want.

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Well I also prefer Intel because I'm with the majority of people. 90% of the people I know use Intel, so if I need some help, I'd stick with the 90%.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008

Look 'genius', why should I care about my post count going up? I'm not getting paid for the amount of post I make... I hate to say this... but this is the most ridiculous thread I've seen. I do enjoy helping people.. but you've started a really.. sorry to say pathetic request with absolutely ridiculous conditions.

Microsoft sucks... LOOK AT YOU!! Guess you wont be installing Vista or XP then eh? as they suck and you dont want to use crap on your PC.... so I guess no GTA then.. OK, get a PS3... at least its not MS... oh wait.. you're gonna say Sony is crap as well...

My advice... you see that little red 'X' on your internet explorer/firefox ? click it.. turn of your pc, and go feed some kangaroos matey.

And yes.. you are right.. i'm wasting precious time.. I could have assisted other users during my reading/writing here.. I will leave this as I am sure many will agree with me from my first reply, and even if you ignore me... its so that other poster will know what they are dealing with....

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Alright then, if you wanted to help then you should have recommended me on the first post, rather than joking or insulting (depending on the way your tone is) me.

__
oops, im not meant to reply to your post.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
before I go... I just want to make a suggestion... consider it a tip. you should have started a thread asking other people's opinion... 10 posters will give you 10 results... out of the 10 results, about 60-70% of the components will be the same. From there you should be able to draw conclusion to what are good... out of the 70% of the components you can then ask what they feel about it... then narrow it down until you get a top notch components.
You should also avoid childish conditions like asus suck, microsoft suck - you said you dont like AMD yet you go for the GPUs... do you see how you contradict yourself in every way?
This is what I would recommend:
CPU Q9550
GPU 4870
RAM 4GB
PSU 620 watt
Board Gigabyte or Asus <- I know you say you don't like asus, but you should consider why there are those who likes them and also the reason why its popular. I am a Gigabyte user and yeah, Asus used to have issues (as most of their engineers were bought by Sony for the PS3 project) - I never got an asus ever since. A few months ago I bought an Asus rampage.. from all the boards I've used, this is one of the best solid performance board ever. Sometimes you have to be open to accept certain things.... you need to adapt to technology.

Let me ask you, if one day AMD comes out with a CPU that kicks i7 ass by 400%.... are you still going to stick with i7? Don't be stuck with ideology... its a lousy stereotype.

Thats all I have to say... You DO have a childish behaviour with the "oops, im not meant to reply to your post" dude.. seriously, you ask others to help.. so you should try to be open... (how old are you anyway?)

btw, if you hate MS, what OS are you going to install? GTA doesnt support Linux. <- not being mean or sarcatic.. but I'm REALLY curious about this

eskimogenius

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
and oh yea, i kinda do contradict myself.
gee thanks for that!

I was thinking of the Q9550, but I hesitated when I saw the Core i7.
Do you recommend a good RAM brand?

And I probably should start another thread with people's opinion.

But I disagree that I have childish behaviour, everyone of any age this world says oops.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
my 2 cents, start a new thread "help me find parts for a 2200$ pc"

leave out the stuff like "the psu must fit in the case" and "must be formatted this way".

Instead say you want it to have a:
Card reader
e-sata port on the case
500GB hard drive
4GB ram
A gpu that can handle GTA4
And can ship to wherever you live

As for the i7 you can't afford it on that budget.

And finally for the childish behavior it wasn't because you said oops, it was because you said "im not ment to reply to your post"

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
its not the oops.. its the "im not meant to reply to your post" <- lol

G-skill Pi Black RAM

My 'opinion': not worth for i7 - you are paying for something that you don't use, why pay more (going back to the celeron issue :p ) plus its DDR3

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
LOL.... didn't see Kyeana's post - seems like I clicked on 'submit' a bit slower. I agree.. start a new post and let this one die.
Dont give conditions.. let others give you advice and they will give you reasons. Draw you own conclusions from them at a new thread.

Good luck... I guess I'll pass with your new thread as I keep thinking back to this one.