computer migration

March 31, 2004 12:39:45 PM

I just purchased a new computer(Windows XP)to replace my 6
year old machine (Windows 98SE). My question is what steps
do I have to take to prepare the migration of old data,
settings & programs? Also, is there any reference material
on this topic?

The new machine will have twin SATA drives with RAID 1. I
was hoping to install my old "C" drive (SCSI) in the new
machine and copy over the info that way.

Thanks.

More about : computer migration

March 31, 2004 3:00:10 PM

XP has a File Transfer Wizard - it may do what you want. Also, why not
network the two tegether to make the transferring easier?

!