computer migration

I just purchased a new computer(Windows XP)to replace my 6
year old machine (Windows 98SE). My question is what steps
do I have to take to prepare the migration of old data,
settings & programs? Also, is there any reference material
on this topic?

The new machine will have twin SATA drives with RAID 1. I
was hoping to install my old "C" drive (SCSI) in the new
machine and copy over the info that way.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer migration

    XP has a File Transfer Wizard - it may do what you want. Also, why not
    network the two tegether to make the transferring easier?

    "americal" <americal@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a new computer(Windows XP)to replace my 6
    > year old machine (Windows 98SE). My question is what steps
    > do I have to take to prepare the migration of old data,
    > settings & programs? Also, is there any reference material
    > on this topic?
    >
    > The new machine will have twin SATA drives with RAID 1. I
    > was hoping to install my old "C" drive (SCSI) in the new
    > machine and copy over the info that way.
    >
    > Thanks.

Configuration Computers Windows XP