Twin-CPU Motherboard - Which is best for Budget?

Panarchy

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Hello

I'm on a budget and I need to buy a Mainboard/Motherboard that can support;

- 2 CPUs (think Intel, but maybe AMD)
- 8GB of DDR2 RAM
- SATA (at least 2)
- USB drives (at least 3)

Please recommend me some Motherboard that qualify from the above list.

I am especially looking for the lowest (as in cheapest) end of this market.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Solution
Building a server? Regular one cpu quad core boards should be sufficient for most needs. Two cpu boards with xeon or opteron cpus will run you about $300 or more, with the cpus in a similar price range. Newegg had one Amd Tyan server board for barcelona cpus for around $70 recently, but the board and barcelona cpus are already dated. Newegg has a phenom quad core listed on slickdeals for less than $100 this morning with $25 rebate. I get newegg email specials almost daily, but you have to register.
Building a server? Regular one cpu quad core boards should be sufficient for most needs. Two cpu boards with xeon or opteron cpus will run you about $300 or more, with the cpus in a similar price range. Newegg had one Amd Tyan server board for barcelona cpus for around $70 recently, but the board and barcelona cpus are already dated. Newegg has a phenom quad core listed on slickdeals for less than $100 this morning with $25 rebate. I get newegg email specials almost daily, but you have to register.

Solution