Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L OC issue

Last response: in Overclocking
March 14, 2010 6:54:00 PM

Hello,

As because I'm time limited, I'll simple copy & paste the email that I have just sent to Gigabyte's Global Technical Support. By reading my email you'll know what my problem is. Any advise will be more than welcome.

Quote:

Hello,

I'm having troubles with this motherboard. I have been using a NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS 128MB graphic card since I buy the G41M-ES2L and I have been happy with it because I was able to overclock my C2D E4400 up to 3.0GHz with the default core voltage (1.3250V) as many other people have been able to achieve.

A few days ago I purchased a ATI XFX HD 4770 512MB and since then no matters what I put on the CPU Host Freq (even 200 - C2D E4400 stock) my system doesn't boot, not even POST. It gets turned off and then automatically is turned on and it boots fine but ignoring the OC settings. I have been able to verify that when the CPU Host Clock Control is [Disabled] my system boot without any problems.

For me it's pretty clear that your motherboard has an incompatibility issue while attempting to OC a C2D E4400 with a ATI XFX HD 4770.

Hope to get a solution for my issue.

Thank you,
Jonathan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-G41M-ES2L(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F4
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : ATi Model : XFX HD 4770
CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core 2 Duo E4400 Speed : 2.0GHz
Operation System : Win 7 32-bit SP :
Memory Brand : Kingston Type : DDRII
Memory Size : 2 x 1GB Speed : 667
Power Supply : 500 W
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2010 8:10:57 PM

Not necessarily a compatibility issue. Have you tried resetting everything and starting from scratch? Your new GPU might have changed the power balance on your setup, necessitating a new start.
!