Sign in with
Your question

AMD Overdrive built in benchmark question

Last response: in Overclocking
March 15, 2010 12:47:56 PM

Ok so I am wondering why with such a powerful system I am getting really terrible benchmark scores with the AMD Overdrive utility.Here are my system specs:

Phenom 965 be at stock 3.4ghz for this benchmark
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboard
4 gb (2x2) ddr2 1066 G Skill Ram
ATI Radeon 4890 graphics card
550w Thermaltake Black Widow PSU
Corsair H50 CPU cooler

Here are my AMD Overdrive scores:

integer computation 17920(WTF AT 3.4 GHZ!?) :ouch: 
floating point computation 4156 TERRIBLE! :fou: 
memory speed 2750
cache speed 16330

I have been seeing systems like mine getting like over 9k on stock. What the heck is going on here.I know this isn't a complete monster pc but cmon I think it should register alot faster than that as it is getting around the same scores as my last gateway pc with an original phenom 2.2 ghz 9500?? I think something must be wrong cause this pc def has alot more power than that one. With a heck of alot better graphics card to boot. Can someone shine some light on this for me? It would be greatly appreciated cause I would really like to get my scores up. The thing is to is that everytime I run the benchmark it fluctuates sometime to the tune of like 500 points. And everything is the same as when I did the previous test. I would appreciate any input that could help me I really wanna up my score. Mainly for bregging rights and to have some fun. LOL.
March 18, 2010 6:31:46 PM

My total score on amd overdrive with a amd965 at 3.8ghz was 8400 last night. Dont remember the breakdown.
m
l
!