First bulid, need some help

The case is not made well. The front panel is mounted on plastic hinges. Saw one in a local shop, they break easy. I talso doesn't look like it will move a lot of air. The thermal compound, you don't need it. Use what comes with the HS&F. It works well.

rammar16

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
ok so i see a great start.... lets see if i can help a bit.

motherboard just fine..

CPU great... i am using the same one as i type...

GPU here is problem number one... while the card is fine you chose a Crossfire board and a SLI GPU if you wanted later to add on you couldn't go with a 4870 it is a great card

PSU have it love it....

HDD great....

heatsink go with the 9700LED it is manual control rather than computer controlled that is the only differance it takes off one pin on the connector...

skip next 2

case: i agree with swifty if you like NZXT then look at the tempest however at your price point i think most people agree that the antec 300 is the way to go....

make those changes and i think you will doing great

good luck and happy building

magma_saber

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007

I'm gonna choose another case but about the motherboard, its a crossfire board? It doesn't say that. Can you recommend another board at about the same price range? Also a manual control for the heatsink is better than a computer controlled one?

magma_saber

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
so i updated my build. i changed the graphics card with a evga card cause some people seem to have problems with the bfg card. i changed the case to a antec 900 and the thermal compound to artic silver 5.