carpool argh

Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
doesn't want to turn up.

After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.

Could someone in here please please help us? :)

--
pixel

"Pixel "#~" <jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote in message

> --
> pixel

hi'ya pixel!

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:05:58 -0600, "black market halo"
<voodoo@yourplace.org> wrote:

>> --
>> pixel
>
>hi'ya pixel!

Hello.

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 23:05:58 -0600, "black market halo"
> <voodoo@yourplace.org> wrote:
>
> >> --
> >> pixel
> >
> >hi'ya pixel!
>
> Hello.

how are things in the monkey island group? been awhile since i paid a visit.

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:13:55 -0600, "black market halo"
<voodoo@yourplace.org> wrote:

>> >hi'ya pixel!
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>how are things in the monkey island group? been awhile since i paid a visit.

Things are a bit slow at the moment.
We are working on getting the new website up.
Weird as ever. :eek:)

> >> Hello.
> >>
> >how are things in the monkey island group? been awhile since i paid a
visit.

> Things are a bit slow at the moment.
> We are working on getting the new website up.
> Weird as ever. :eek:)

Great, I'll have to take a look at that one too.

Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:

>Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
>seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
>We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
>doesn't want to turn up.
>
>After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
>links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.
>
>Could someone in here please please help us? :)

Nobody? :eek:(

--
pixel
www.warande.net/~pixel

Aglami: did YOU have your shock therapy today?

> Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:
>
> >Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
> >seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
> >We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
> >doesn't want to turn up.
> >
> >After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
> >links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.
> >
> >Could someone in here please please help us? :)
>
> Nobody? :eek:(

Sorry Pixel. It's been a few years since I played S1, and have no clue about
the file. Most everyone here are playing S2, but there are a few diehards
left. Perhaps if you repost your request with [S1] at the beginning of your
header/subject.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:54 +0100, "Pixel \"#~"
<jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote:

>Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:
>
>>Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
>>seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
>>We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
>>doesn't want to turn up.
>>
>>After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
>>links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.
>>
>>Could someone in here please please help us? :)
>
>Nobody? :eek:(

Gnohmon (sp?) made a hacked flamingo which caused the car portal to
reappear in case you accidentally removed it. I'll be damned if I can
remember the site, though...

Anybody else remember the link?

-- Steve Lopez

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:24:15 GMT, baayszhore@md.net (pulgao) wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:54 +0100, "Pixel \"#~"
><jjwweerrff@phil.uu.nl> wrote:
>
>>Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:
>>
>>>Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
>>>seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
>>>We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
>>>doesn't want to turn up.
>>>
>>>After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
>>>links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.
>>>
>>>Could someone in here please please help us? :)
>>
>>Nobody? :eek:(
>
>Gnohmon (sp?) made a hacked flamingo which caused the car portal to
>reappear in case you accidentally removed it. I'll be damned if I can
>remember the site, though...
>
>Anybody else remember the link?

Try www.livin-it-up.net. Gnohomon has a lot of stuff there.

BW

Earlier black market halo muttered:

>> >Hi, my girlfriend and I were playing Sims 1 (uhm, the version we got,
>> >seems to be called The Sims, Deluxe Edition).
>> >We have this family in a house, the guy has a job, but the car just
>> >doesn't want to turn up.
>> >
>> >After some googling, we found out about some carpool port bug, but all
>> >links to patches supposed to fix this problem appear to be dead.
>> >
>> >Could someone in here please please help us? :)
>>
>> Nobody? :eek:(
>>
>Sorry Pixel. It's been a few years since I played S1, and have no clue about
>the file. Most everyone here are playing S2, but there are a few diehards
>left. Perhaps if you repost your request with [S1] at the beginning of your
>header/subject.

Ooh, okay, I'll try that....

--

Earlier barbara@bookpro.com muttered:

>>>Nobody? :eek:(
>>
>>Gnohmon (sp?) made a hacked flamingo which caused the car portal to
>>reappear in case you accidentally removed it. I'll be damned if I can
>>remember the site, though...
>>
>>Anybody else remember the link?
>
>Try www.livin-it-up.net. Gnohomon has a lot of stuff there.

Yay! I have found a carportalreset thingy. Not on www.livin-it-up.net
but on other site (www.simlogical.info), found through the livin-it-up
one. It's indeed a flamingo.
I have not tried it out yet (the game is on my girlfriends laptop),
but I will probably soon.
I'll let you know if it worked.

(if anyone is interested, I have put it on my webserver (so my
girlfriend can download it) at
www.warande.net/~pixel/stfu/carportalreset.zip)

--
pixel
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.lukewhitmore.com/aglami

Aglami: did YOU have your shock therapy today?

Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:

>>>Gnohmon (sp?) made a hacked flamingo which caused the car portal to
>>>reappear in case you accidentally removed it. I'll be damned if I can
>>>remember the site, though...
>>>
>>>Anybody else remember the link?
>>
>>Try www.livin-it-up.net. Gnohomon has a lot of stuff there.
>
>Yay! I have found a carportalreset thingy. Not on www.livin-it-up.net
>but on other site (www.simlogical.info), found through the livin-it-up
>one. It's indeed a flamingo.
>I have not tried it out yet (the game is on my girlfriends laptop),
>but I will probably soon.
>I'll let you know if it worked.
>
>(if anyone is interested, I have put it on my webserver (so my
>girlfriend can download it) at
>www.warande.net/~pixel/stfu/carportalreset.zip)

Wooohooo!!!
It worked!
Thanks for the help everybody!!

:-D

--

> Earlier Pixel "#~ muttered:

> >>Try www.livin-it-up.net. Gnohomon has a lot of stuff there.
> >
> >Yay! I have found a carportalreset thingy. Not on www.livin-it-up.net
> >but on other site (www.simlogical.info), found through the livin-it-up
> >one. It's indeed a flamingo.
> >I have not tried it out yet (the game is on my girlfriends laptop),
> >but I will probably soon.
> >I'll let you know if it worked.
> >
> >(if anyone is interested, I have put it on my webserver (so my
> >girlfriend can download it) at
> >www.warande.net/~pixel/stfu/carportalreset.zip)
>
> Wooohooo!!!
> It worked!
> Thanks for the help everybody!!

your girlfriend owes you dinner.

Earlier black market halo muttered:

>> >Yay! I have found a carportalreset thingy. Not on www.livin-it-up.net
>> >but on other site (www.simlogical.info), found through the livin-it-up
>> >one. It's indeed a flamingo.
>> >I have not tried it out yet (the game is on my girlfriends laptop),
>> >but I will probably soon.
>> >I'll let you know if it worked.
>> >
>> >(if anyone is interested, I have put it on my webserver (so my
>> >girlfriend can download it) at
>> >www.warande.net/~pixel/stfu/carportalreset.zip)
>>
>> Wooohooo!!!
>> It worked!
>> Thanks for the help everybody!!
>>
>your girlfriend owes you dinner.

Heheh, good point.
I'll have to 'remind' her of that... >:)

--
pixel
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.lukewhitmore.com/aglami

Aglami: did YOU have your shock therapy today?

TRENDING THREADS