Erase services windows xp

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
hello,does anybody know how to erase services in windows xp?i tried to do this in register editor and erased some register keys and for some services it worked;they do not show up anymore.but for some services it did not work and even with erasing the keys,the services still occur.can somebody help me with this?
thanks for the help.

Ye should not goith into the registry editor, lest you erase something and make thy problem worse.

You never said what the problem was, you never said what service you were trying to stop.

Identify and describe the exact difficulty with details. First tell us what you were trying to accomplish in the first place.

Then tell us which register keys you erased.

It actually probably won't solve the difficulty now, but you could start by backing up all your personal files and photos....to a thumb drive or DVD etc...
before you try anything else.

And then if I were in your predicament, I would reformat the entire drive, load a fresh operating system, win XP or win 7, download all the new drivers from the manufacturer website, put the files back in from the backup above.

You may find it is much quicker and simpler to backup the files, install a freshy operating system, then to try to repair one that is all mucked up.

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

ok,the problem is:i erased a register key from the program appsmaker speedbooster 2.0 and after i did this,the service of this program is still present,in windows services.why is this?